247 Home Rescue Contract Complaint

Options

Comments

• stayaway247
    stayaway247 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 13 September 2018 at 9:17AM
    Options
    Cancelled the contract with 247 Home Rescue as soon as I could (at the year anniversary) but out of the blue the Direct Debits were reinstated {text removed by MSE Forum Team} 4 months later for a higher amount. These people are {text removed by MSE Forum Team} grossly incompetent and difficult to get hold of. Always check bank statements.
  • andrewsharron
    andrewsharron Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 September 2018 at 9:16AM
    Options
    I took 12 landlord policies out.

Claim 1 - had inclusive boiler check and Engineer condemmed boiler because a nut was broken and he said it was obsolete. Said I needed a new boiler. Found the part on the internet for £20 and got it fitted for £65 independently!

Claim 2 - boiler stopped working. Engineer said routine problem but that 247 don't carry parts and needed to order. Got a phone call saying that boiler too expensive to fix and so won't cover any work. Got Baxi out direct, engineer fitted routine part taking 20 mins and said that what the engineer said was rubbish.

Claim 3: toilet stopped flushing. Engineer came said they weren't allowed to carry parts but if he were doing the job privately he'd get the part from Plumbsense for £20 and fit it for £50 in 20 mins but 247 don't work like that. He said that he was fed up as everyone he visited moaned at him.

3 weeks later, part still not fitted. Got a phone call saying engineer was coming on 23rd March. Then got an email saying part now in and Engineer coming on 26th March. Called them and said ignore email, enginner coming 23rd March. Took day off work. At 5.30 no engineer. Called told he had been rushed to hospital but he was coming on Monday 26th. Supervisor said if I wanted to get the job done privately he would fund £120. Weekend job cost over £200 so would take another day off Monday.

Monday came - 2.30pm told engineer was finishing job. I would be next. 3.30 no engineer. Called 4 times. Was cut off 4 times. Called Customer Service to say I'd had enough and could I speak to someone. They said their job was just to advise customers which department to speak to not to deal with customers! Had an argument and she said someone would email me in 48 hours.

Spoke to claims department. They told me the report said the part was obsolute!!!!! Transferred me to authorisation department who transferred me back to Bookings department who told me that the claim had been cancelled!!! Absolutely spitting. 2 days off work and nearly 4 weeks.

Called Retention team who just transferred me back to claims department who put me on hold for 40 mins then cut me off.

I cannot tell you how angry I am. Ive been lied to, they've taken £100s of pounds off me, taken 2 days off work because they told me to, hung up on, been patronised.

{text removed by MSE Forum Team}. Will go back to D&G and pay more. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
  • andrewsharron
    andrewsharron Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 September 2018 at 9:19AM
    Options
    I took 12 landlord policies out.

Claim 1 - had inclusive boiler check and Engineer condemmed boiler because a nut was broken and he said it was obsolete. Said I needed a new boiler. Found the part on the internet for £20 and got it fitted for £65 independently!

Claim 2 - boiler stopped working. Engineer said routine problem but that 247 don't carry parts and needed to order. Got a phone call saying that boiler too expensive to fix and so won't cover any work. Got Baxi out direct, engineer fitted routine part taking 20 mins and said that what the engineer said was rubbish.

Claim 3: toilet stopped flushing. Engineer came said they weren't allowed to carry parts but if he were doing the job privately he'd get the part from Plumbsense for £20 and fit it for £50 in 20 mins but 247 don't work like that. He said that he was fed up as everyone he visited moaned at him.

3 weeks later, part still not fitted. Got a phone call saying engineer was coming on 23rd March. Then got an email saying part now in and Engineer coming on 26th March. Called them and said ignore email, enginner coming 23rd March. Took day off work. At 5.30 no engineer. Called told he had been rushed to hospital but he was coming on Monday 26th. Supervisor said if I wanted to get the job done privately he would fund £120. Weekend job cost over £200 so would take another day off Monday.

Monday came - 2.30pm told engineer was finishing job. I would be next. 3.30 no engineer. Called 4 times. Was cut off 4 times. Called Customer Service to say I'd had enough and could I speak to someone. They said their job was just to advise customers which department to speak to not to deal with customers! Had an argument and she said someone would email me in 48 hours.

Spoke to claims department. They told me the report said the part was obsolute!!!!! Transferred me to authorisation department who transferred me back to Bookings department who told me that the claim had been cancelled!!! Absolutely spitting. 2 days off work and nearly 4 weeks.

Called Retention team who just transferred me back to claims department who put me on hold for 40 mins then cut me off.

I cannot tell you how angry I am. Ive been lied to, they've taken £100s of pounds off me, taken 2 days off work because they told me to, hung up on, been patronised.

{text removed by MSE Forum Team} Will go back to D&G and pay more. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
  • deepbhai
    Options
    Have been with them almost 3 years, terrible service, rude staff. long waiting times contacting call centre, phone calls get disconnected several times.
    had cp12 appointment, got cancelled by 247 3 days prior to appt. then I get a call on the day of the appt. to advise it was reinstated for 8-1pm slot and engineer will call 30 minutes prior to appt. At 10am as I ve received no call I decided to wait outside my property and plus made sure my tenants were home as arranged. At 11am I get call from call centre to advise that engineer called at property and nobody answerd so its recorded as a abortive call. All this whilst im outside property waiting for them to turn up! Also £30 fee for missed appt. The quickly waive charge when I threaten to cancel policy and said another appointment will be made. I get a call from 247 to say it will now be in 5 weeks time. I mentioned that this was no good so. I then told I'll get a call directly from gas engineer to fit my in within 48 hours, after a further week no call. I called them again today to cancel they tried to make appointment again but I mentioned it was too late. They required 30 days notice so advised I need to make one more direct debit payment as per there terms! I requested something in writing to advised that the policy was cancelled, the 247 call advisor in the cancellations department was rude and mentioned it had been emailled to myself and whether he should come in person and drop it off! 2 years ago, 247 increased my premiums without notifying myself and after several calls and emails re-instated and refunded excess payment sback to myself.
    Worst company I have dealt with, no customer service skills, they will pretend that they made a call out visit and record it as abortive. I have a 3 year old boiler which once required attention during the cold weather, when I contacted 247 they advised they cannot come out for 3 days. I had to get a private plumber.
    WASTE OF MONEY NO VALUE FOR MONEY!!!
  • animel71
    animel71 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I made a complaint to 247 home rescue on 13th April, they had been taking 16.23 a month from my account (I think it was for breakdown cover that I cancelled within appropriate cancellation timescales). I received a response saying complaint should be resolved within 8 weeks but if not it will be escalated to legal and compliance manger. It has now been 11 weeks and no response whatsoever. I am putting it all in writing to the legal and compliance manager.

I took out annual boiler cover with them originally - have not even received an annual boiler service! They are now wanting to auto renew their policy and when I try to log in with relevant details to cancel this - it won't let me log in!! Is there any organisation I can escalate my complaint to? Do Ofgem deal with such complaints?
  • bradderscj
    Options
    A well deserved appearance on Rip off Britain for this company who many of us are finding out to our cost are completely useless and bordering on criminal. I have posted an item on their Facebook page which I suspect will be removed by them shortly. They must employ staff full time monitoring complaint websites like trustpilot and replying to make them sound like they care. Definitely not the case. My complaint got me no-where . The usual thing boiler is beyond economical repair. They should make it clear when you take out a policy on an old boiler that it is worthless and that you will have to pay them £75 to come and tell you that.
    It's such a shame that all the 5 star reviews they get are about setting up the plan and having a service, pretty much no one ever gives them 5 stars if they have a claim.. I wonder why.
    I await their response on here telling me what a good company they are. JOKE JOKE JOKE
  • Ripsi
    Ripsi Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I so wish i had read these reviews before entering into a contract with this "outfit".
    Atrocious service, couldn't agree more. I would add diabolical
    You get what you pay for, and you font get much with these guys apart from arrogance and them holding you to ransom.
    2 service visits, cancelled by them on the day
    final one happened, condemned boiler but gave us no choice to rectify
    The demanded £60 to revisit and rectify (fitting of one 15mm grommet for a cable transit 1 hour quoted)
    Arguments ensued 5 people spoken to, argument with their "manager" Luke someone or other (no surname given) arrogant and argumentative.
    Then he says this issue is being terminated and we need to get it resolved via a third party. Who would have guessed. Anyway resolved via a helpful 3rd party and cancelled contract. DON NOT TOUCH THESE GUYS. You will regret it
  • Samblack2018
    Options
    Shocking company

Anyone who has paid this company any money, you can use the direct debit clawback scheme.

Visit your bank and they will immediately put back all money paid to this rotten company. Takes 10 mins and you can do it on the following grounds

Miss-selling
    Breach of contract
    Disreputable company

The contracts and are on a monthly rolling bases. T&C state you only need to give 30 days notice without any penalties.
  • 247homerescue
    247homerescue Posts: 128 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Shocking company

Anyone who has paid this company any money, you can use the direct debit clawback scheme.

Visit your bank and they will immediately put back all money paid to this rotten company. Takes 10 mins and you can do it on the following grounds

Miss-selling
    Breach of contract
    Disreputable company

The contracts and are on a monthly rolling bases. T&C state you only need to give 30 days notice without any penalties.

Dear Samblack2018,

We have been concerned by your posts over separate threads and our team are eager to investigate further.

We would invite you to contact our team directly by email at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk with the relevant details including your policy reference.

Regards,

Lauren 24/7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • PhylPho
    PhylPho Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No less than T H R E E separate threads are presently running on this MSE forum about the business practices of this company:

(1) 24/7 Home Rescue Contract Complaint (this thread): 32 posts;

(2) 24/7 Home Rescue: 68 posts;

(3) Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue: 455 posts.

Whilst it must doubtless suit 24/7 Home Rescue to see adverse consumer comment fragmented in this way, such fragmentation does MSE users no service at all.

Different threads can (and do) vanish at different times, as a result of which the actual total volume of complaints about this company is seriously under-presented.

No reason seems to exist as to why MSE has so far failed to consolidate these threads under the straightforward topic heading of 24/7 Home Rescue.

I trust it will do so now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure