Rejected Train Claim

Options
2»

Comments

• A_Nice_Englishman
    Options
    Niv wrote: »
    I had a claim rejected because the train was only late by 56mins as opposed to an hour. From the times i recorded it was more like 1hr 10mins but what can you do...

You can look up the times on sites like http://raildar.co.uk
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Niv wrote: »
    I had a claim rejected because the train was only late by 56mins as opposed to an hour. From the times i recorded it was more like 1hr 10mins but what can you do...

As stated, you get the accurate times and you present them to Northern and await no reply, as they ignore you :)
  • Car2oon
    Options
    There was a relatively happy ending to this. Apparently they rejected my claim by accident

"[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your e-mail response dated the 30th of October. I would like to apologise for the e-mail which was sent on the 23rd of October 2018 as there was a typo with the e-mail.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]I am sorry to learn that your journey was disrupted, and that you were caused a delay as a result. I confirm that your train was delayed due to more trains than usual needing repairs at the same time. This is within our control and you are entitled to compensation. I have incorrectly stated within the e-mail sent on the 23rd of October 2018 that it was outside of our control."[/FONT]
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Car2oon wrote: »
    There was a relatively happy ending to this. Apparently they rejected my claim by accident

The cynic in me would wonder whether they have sent that correction out to the people who were delayed but didn't complain on receiving the first email.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure