Iresa - ombudsman case

Options
vicki84
vicki84 Posts: 210 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Hi

Just wondering if anyone know how long it usual takes the ombudsman to make a decision on a case please.

After waiting since October of last year Iresa have still not adjusted my opening bill where they enter different reading to what they sent to the supplier I was leaving. Iresa have admitted they owe me £89 but have not done anything about it.

In January I then contacted the ombudsman and my case has now been assigned to an investigator so I was wondering if this usually takes a long time to be done if anyone had been though something similar.

Thanks

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 March 2018 at 10:26AM
    Options
    vicki84 wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering if anyone know how long it usual takes the ombudsman to make a decision on a case please.

After waiting since October of last year Iresa have still not adjusted my opening bill where they enter different reading to what they sent to the supplier I was leaving. Iresa have admitted they owe me £89 but have not done anything about it.

In January I then contacted the ombudsman and my case has now been assigned to an investigator so I was wondering if this usually takes a long time to be done if anyone had been though something similar.

Thanks

If varies but in my experience ( 2 cases) it can take The EO 8 weeks to come to a Decision. The supplier then has 4 weeks to action the Decision before it is hit with a further EO case charge. You may well have to wait 12 weeks from escalating the complaint to getting a resolution.

PS: You have been very patient to wait this long to get the matter resolved.
  • vicki84
    Options
    Thank you I have just had a call from the ombudsman investigator he said it looks pretty straight forward so hopefully won’t take too long.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    vicki84 wrote: »
    Thank you I have just had a call from the ombudsman investigator he said it looks pretty straight forward so hopefully won’t take too long.

I should imagine that The EO's investigators have a pretty large file of complaints by now. I just wonder how long any supplier can survive if it keeps having to pay c.£400 case fees which are paid irrespective of the outcome of any claim.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/docs/default-source/website-content/energy-remedy-implementation-policy.pdf?sfvrsn=2
  • vicki84
    Options
    Latest update is Iresa has not replied to the ombudsman proposal the deadline is the 22nd. All of my bills are not available but nothing has changed with my balance etc.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    I should imagine that The EO's investigators have a pretty large file of complaints by now. I just wonder how long any supplier can survive if it keeps having to pay c.£400 case fees which are paid irrespective of the outcome of any claim.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/docs/default-source/website-content/energy-remedy-implementation-policy.pdf?sfvrsn=2

I have to say that reading the remedy implementation document isn't ever so encouraging - they get 28 days, then another 28 and then another 28 and then it gets re-investigated.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Contacted OS 31/17/17, account readings sorted early 09/17 so that E.On could final bill me, remedy finalised 22/09/17 and Iresa paid the compensation at day 27 19/10/17.

Second time contacted OS 05/02/18, remedy confirmed 19/02/18 and Iresa refunded excess credit 23/02/18
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure