Forced parenthood

Options

Comments

• mai_taylor
    mai_taylor Posts: 220 Forumite
    Options
    zagfles wrote: »
    Pretty much what I told him when he told me the story! But not as big an idiot as the woman of course!

He lied to her, used her for sex and snooped through her phone, don't really think he can take the moral high ground on this one.
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    mai_taylor wrote: »
    He lied to her, used her for sex and snooped through her phone, don't really think he can take the moral high ground on this one.

As opposed to lying and trying to get pregnant when clearly the other partner didn't want it?

I'm sure she felt very 'used' for sex, bearing in mind she was using sex to try get a baby....
  • gycraig_2
    gycraig_2 Posts: 533 Forumite
    Options
    mai_taylor wrote: »
    It's not even remotely comparable, hurt feelings aren't even remotely the same as lying to someone to try get them to produce a child / child support they don't want
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    gycraig wrote: »
    It's not even remotely comparable, hurt feelings aren't even remotely the same as lying to someone to try get them to produce a child / child support they don't want

Both were liars, both took risks far worse than pregnancy.

A pair of f*ckless idiots that deserved each other.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    DarkShadow wrote: »
    How do you define forced parenthood in your own terms?

Parenthood that hasnt been thought about/agreed to/planned by both parties concerned.
  • mai_taylor
    mai_taylor Posts: 220 Forumite
    Options
    Guest101 wrote: »
    As opposed to lying and trying to get pregnant when clearly the other partner didn't want it?

I'm sure she felt very 'used' for sex, bearing in mind she was using sex to try get a baby....

Oh I agree both sound like horrible people.
  • wannabe_sybil
    wannabe_sybil Posts: 2,845 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Isn't there something called 'stealthing' where a gentleman tries to fool the lady that he's using a condom but takes it off during/just before?

OP - reproductive coercion also happens. That is when someone (usually female) is forced into parenthood due to verbal/financial/emotional/physical abuse and options for birth control are restricted or removed.
    Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Isn't there something called 'stealthing' where a gentleman tries to fool the lady that he's using a condom but takes it off during/just before?

Can women really not tell?
  • KateBob
    KateBob Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    phillw wrote: »
    Can women really not tell?

While it's sensitive down there, it's not that sensitive with modern condoms that are designed to not to be felt.
    Kate short for Bob.

Alphabet thread High Priestess of all things unsavoury

Tesla was a genius.
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    “ When they say they are on the pill etc but not taking it.
    Originally posted by jamiehelsinki

The pill, even when taken properly, isn't 100% effective if it goes through the system faster than normal.

A midwife friend tells me that she wouldn't like to estimate the number of babies born as a result of a dodgy curry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure