Annual Travel Insurance: Business cover

Options
I took out a Barclays "travel pack" insurance product a few months back before taking a personal trip. It seemed to have the cover I wanted

However I've just learnt that my employer does not apparently cover personal effects when travelling on a business trip, and having searched through the small print on my insurance it states under general exclusions "i. Any claim where the purpose of your trip is Business Travel." which would seem to suggest they would not too

I notice my gadget/tech insurance does not have such an exclusion.

Is this common? 50/50, most cover/most don't cover?

This exclusion isn't highlighted anyway apart from this teeny statement so I'm a bit aggrieved I may need to switch policies but will cross that bridge when I come to it.

I note Barclays "standalone" travel insurance appears to offer "business cover" as an extra, but this is more for covering samples/equipment, and there's no general exclusion against a business trip even without that cover (by my reading of it)

So is this an example of the defaqto 5* barclays inclusive policy being a little deficient in this area? If so would I have a reason to claim that detail was too hidden and they should waive the 6 months minimum period? (I'd try anyway if needed)
What goes around - comes around
give lots and you will always recieve lots
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family