Advice needed - Dealership scratched car

Options
onedaymyfriend
onedaymyfriend Posts: 148 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 13 July 2017 at 8:06PM in Motoring
Evening all, I'm after some advice.

I took my met black 66 plate vehicle to my local dealership for a service. When booking the service I requested that they did not wash the car. I dropped it off this morning and reminded them not to wash it.

I collected the car this afternoon to be told that they had in fact washed it, the paint work is a complete mess with swirls and scratches all over. ��

I've been asked to take the car back tomorrow for the service manager to see it.

Any ideas where I would stand legally and what's the likelihood of them putting it right?

Thanks as always.
The puppetmasters create "disorder" so the people will demand "order"

Comments

• AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If it goes legal, then it's all down to reasonable expectations.

The average punter's reasonable expectations would almost certainly find that acceptable, so no recompense. If they don't accept that they ignored your request not to wash, and offer you some apology (a full pro detail is probably not realistic), then use a different dealer next time.
  • onedaymyfriend
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Adrian,

It has now come to light that my dirty vehicle wasn't washed, but was hosed down and the dried with a chamois leather. I have requested a copy of the cctv.
    The puppetmasters create "disorder" so the people will demand "order"
  • debtdebt
    debtdebt Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    That's even freaking worse! Quick hose down so some of the dirt is still on the paintwork then rub it in!

Maybe a free or cheap next service from the dealer and the money that you've saved on the next service can go towards a machine polish from a detailer?
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Adrian,

It has now come to light that my dirty vehicle wasn't washed, but was hosed down and the dried with a chamois leather. I have requested a copy of the cctv.
    Probably the worse thing you can with a dirty car and guaranteed to inflict damage.

I'd be asking the dealer to pay for a full car paint correction detail, probably looking in the region of £500.
  • GrumpyDil
    GrumpyDil Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our four month old car had a minor piece of work completed yesterday, along with a 'free' wash and now has lovely scratches on the passenger door. Looking forward to that conversation on Monday.

will update thread then
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    GrumpyDil wrote: »
    Our four month old car had a minor piece of work completed yesterday, along with a 'free' wash and now has lovely scratches on the passenger door. Looking forward to that conversation on Monday.

will update thread then

Probably bett to start your own thread and update that one.
  • rich13348
    rich13348 Posts: 840 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GrumpyDil wrote: »

will update thread then

Please start your own thread. All you will end up doing is hijacking Onedaymyfriends thread and he won't get any help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure