letter says can't award you PIP my DLA will end 27th August

I have sent a letter for MR , from the letter this came in all 0's , will my DLA stop on 27th August
I have asked for MR, will they keep paying me until they say yes or no , and will they pay me when I appeal , My DLA was lowest daily living and highest mobility ,I don't know what to do ,I would like to know if they will stop payments , HELP please , thank you .

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,930 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I have sent a letter for MR , from the letter this came in all 0's , will my DLA stop on 27th August
    I have asked for MR, will they keep paying me until they say yes or no , and will they pay me when I appeal , My DLA was lowest daily living and highest mobility ,I don't know what to do ,I would like to know if they will stop payments , HELP please , thank you .
    If you live in the UK I'm afraid your DLA will now end and payments will stop because DLA no longer exists. As you've been refused PIP there's no award for you to receive payments.

If the MR decision changes and you're awarded then you'll receive payment backdated but most MR decisions don't change and most have to take it to Tribunal. If the decision remains the same there will be no award, therefore no payment while you wait for the Tribunal.

Tribunal waiting times are huge in most areas so it's likely you could be waiting a year for a hearing date.

My advice is to get some face to face advice and help with the MR and Tribunal from an advice agency near you.

If you have a mobility vehicle then motability will be in contact with you very soon.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • Thank you for your reply , I shall have help at the tribunal a Unemployed workers association , they helped with the MR letter , it's just the taking away of the money so abruptly that has astonished me.
  • I'm still waiting for a Tribunal date, My DLA was stopped August 27th ,still don't understand why ,I am finding it so difficult to pay bills and stuff , and my depression and pain is way off the charts ,but I read somewhere else that the DLA could be reinstated until I get PIP is this true, or Have I got it wrong ,I started the process of moving from DLA on April 11th and sent a letter for tribunal , got a letter to say tribunals service received it on 24th October , how long do you think it will take , I'm expecting it to be way after Christmas , at least the people I buy presents for know and understand they won't get any this year.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    DLA will not be reinstated while you wait for the tribunal. Unfortunately waiting times are long, about nine months where I am.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • I am sorry, but it does take a long time. My dyspraxic/depressed/anxious adult kid's was taken away, they went from medium rate care to 0 because they can pinch two fingers together, apparently this means they can now cook/fasten buttons/walk without pain/aren't depressed etc. They didn't award points for mobility because my kid had managed to get to the assessment, they ignored the fact that I took them and had to sort all the arrangements. We asked for a mandatory reconsideration but they still scored 0 for everything. We've been waiting for a tribunal date for a couple of months. We're getting help from the Law Centre, and they have said the wait is about a year. I know from here the DWP are calling some people to ask if they want their PIP reinstated if they drop their tribunal claim but we haven't heard anything. Are you claiming anything like ESA? This may help.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,930 Forumite
    got a letter to say tribunals service received it on 24th October , how long do you think it will take
    Backlogs are huge and some are waiting about a year for a hearing date.
  • PIP has different criteria to DLA, particularly on the mobility component. Did you score any points at all ?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    Rubyroobs wrote: »
    PIP has different criteria to DLA, particularly on the mobility component. Did you score any points at all ?
    Opening post indicates 0 points.
    OP should note also that PIP has no equivalent to low rate DLA care.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Thanks for the replies everyone , yes I received 0 points for everything , even mobility , I arrived in my wheelchair because I can't walk more than 20 metres , and I do need help with the care , but I live alone and have to do things for myself , which I get worn out and I'm in pain all the time ,my reckoning is I should have had 12 points for care and 12 points for mobility I have sent a letter from Doctors and a letter going into more details of the care part showing my calculations
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure