Options
13»

Comments

• surveyor_101
    surveyor_101 Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 17 May 2018 at 3:26PM
    Options
    If they won't give you an advance account now dont bank with them on the basis you will get one in the future. If you pay in over 1750 a month and have a good credit history no adverse they might.

They are the strictest bank I have dealt with. I was paying in around 3k a month for 12 months and did get an upgrade. I had to wait 6 months for a contactless card! I switched to another bank acc and when I went to shut the hsbc acc the lady said do you realise there is a note saying your eligble for advance it says here. I used the other bank for a few months and switched back. I was then told the advance bit had gone and I had to pay 10450 in the next 6 month and stay out of my overdraft which I did.

So I was so after 4 months I had done that and I asked for the account and then they said I failed the credit scoring for that acc. I had, had no further adverse credit since I had the account so i dont understand why 12 months i was eligible and now I am not no matter how careful I am with my money. I have 250 quid overdraft and thats it.

I havent got amazing credit but being very careful with money now and earning a good wage.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure if you have tried it or not but you might want to consider giving a starling bank a try it is smart phone app only but absolutely excellent in my view
  • surveyor_101
    surveyor_101 Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    This got me thinking and I called hsbc about something unrelated. I used to go into branch and ask for upgrade.

I asked if I was eligible for advance and the guy said yes and put me through. I asked if they needed to credit check me and he said no it;s showing Elliglble and they talked me through all the benefits and said it!!!8217;s gone through and from tomorrow it is an advance account. Get new card and access to advance benefits and all with no fees. I used to pay lloyds for a gold account and I see that nationwide charge 13 a month for flex plus.
  • Curls2208
    Curls2208 Posts: 200 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wait TSB are dropping their £5 DD incentive?
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Curls2208 wrote: »
    Wait TSB are dropping their £5 DD incentive?

Yup, it is only ever time limited depending on when you opened the account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure