Notice of Dissociation

Options
Hi everyone,

I had a joint mortgage and joint bank account with someone back in 2011. We no longer speak and I would like all traces of them removed from my credit file. I had assumed that if the association hadn't been confirmed in the last 6 years then it would drop off my file automatically, but this hasn't been the case (ignorance on my part perhaps!).

I gather that the thing to do now is to write to the CRAs asking for a notice of dissociation? Does anyone know how I go about this or could link me to a template letter? The only CRAs I can think of are Experian, Equifax and Callcredit - have I missed any?

TIA,

Lauren :j
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just contact them with details of who you want to disassociate from. They should have contact details on their sites. The three you've listed are correct.

No need for templates.
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I had a joint mortgage and joint bank account with someone back in 2011. We no longer speak and I would like all traces of them removed from my credit file. I had assumed that if the association hadn't been confirmed in the last 6 years then it would drop off my file automatically, but this hasn't been the case (ignorance on my part perhaps!).

I gather that the thing to do now is to write to the CRAs asking for a notice of dissociation? Does anyone know how I go about this or could link me to a template letter? The only CRAs I can think of are Experian, Equifax and Callcredit - have I missed any?

TIA,

Lauren :j

Assuming these accounts are closed then I would have expected the association to drop off when they do. (Six years after closure). But you can file a disassociation notice with the three agencies if it has not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure