IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Premier Park PCN to wrong address

Options
tangsoodo
tangsoodo Posts: 42 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
OLD THREAD REOPENED FOR UPDATE

Hi all, just a bit of background. We had a DRP letter on the 18/10/18 for a PCN back in July. This was our first contact with either DRP or Premier Park ltd. As per advise on here I have obviously ignored DRP. I did find a thread where Steve Clark of the BPA is collecting evidence with regards SMART Parking going straight to debt recovery stage so I dropped him an email in case this was a growing trend amongst other companies. BPA contacted Premier Park and they have sent copies of the original PCN 12/07/18 then the first reminder 13/08/18 then final demand on 12/09/18. All of these letters were sent to my previous address. I have contacted Motability and they have apologised that they hadn't updated the V5c for the car so this is why the first 3 letters went to the wrong address. My question is how do I proceed. Im guessing if I try and claim the DRP letter is NTK they will say the time for that has passed. Am I too late to get a POPLA code. Just so you know a ticket was purchased and then when this ran out it was paid for via mobile phone app due to having no more change.

regards

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How about suggesting to Motability that they pay whatever Premier Park Ltd are asking for?

After all it is Motability that have got you in this hole.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,253 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 8 November 2018 at 12:04AM
    Options
    Send PP a SAR by email to their Data Protection Officer*, asking for all letters sent, and all payments made that relate to that car or a close-match VRN that day, asking their Data Protection Officer to interrogate the payment data for one initial cash payment of £x.xx and one phone app payment top-up of approx x.xx, made at approx xxpm.

Secondly, ask their DPO to rectify the address data to your correct address which is (new address and postcode) and to erase the old data, and note that the failure to update the DVLA records was the fault of Motability who have apologised.

As such, ask that after providing the SAR data and erasing /rectifying the address, you request that the Data Protection Officer refers the file back to the appeals team since the incorrect address shows that you were not afforded an opportunity to appeal.

Ask that once the DPO has addressed the two data concerns raised, this contact should be treated as an allowed late appeal, on the basis that two payments were made, and that an occupant of the car is disabled (attach blue badge and point out they know it's a Motability Vehicle, from the DVLA address that includes that fact) and if a typo was made or the keypad or app failed to register one of the payments for the full VRN, this is de minimis. So, a 'reasonable adjustment' should be made under the Equality Act 2010 and the PCN cancelled or a POPLA code provided, given that the keeper has acted in good faith and given the BPA involvement, to resolve this fairly.

Attach a copy of the Blue Badge and the V5C if you hold the logbook. If not, then the Motability letter/vehicle agreement, as ID.

*Most firms now have a Privacy page with contact details for SARs (subject access requests). DO NOT POST IT, IF AN EMAIL IS AVAILABLE.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • tangsoodo
    Options
    Thanks very much for the advise. I will keep you updated on progress
  • tangsoodo
    Options
    Dear Sir/Madam
    I have been sent a letter from Debt Recovery Plus (18/10/18) working on your behalf with regards to PCN xxxxxx (originally issued 12/07/18) This is the first correspondence that has been received on this matter at my current address which is
    xxxxxx Close
    xxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxx

I believe that original correspondences were sent to my previous address. The car is a motability car and motability have accepted and apologised for their error in not updating DVLA causing this issue. Would you please rectify the address on your database for the above and delete the old address.
    Further more under a subject access request i would like all letters and all made payments that relate to OR are a close match to the vehicle registration number on the day in question and send them to the correct address. I also request that you interrogate the payment data for an initial cash payment at the machine and a phone payment by top-up app on the day and provide these in detail.
    After providing the SAR data and erasing and rectifying the addresses, i request that you as Data Protection Officer refer the file back to the appeals team since the incorrect address shows that i was not afforded an opportunity to appeal. Once these data concerns have been addressed this contact should be treated as an allowed late appeal, on the basis that the driver has been using this car park in good faith for 12 months and on the day two payments were made. An occupant of the car is also registered disabled and therefore if a “typo” was made on the machine keypad or phone app or either method failed to register one of the payments for the VRN then this is de minimis so a reasonable adjustment should be made under the Equality Act 2010 and the PCN be cancelled or a POPLA code be provided.
    As you are aware there has already been BPA involvement in this matter so i hope we can resolve this fairly

• tangsoodo
    Options
    Just an update. BPA have replied to me and said Premier Park have broken no rules and there can be no way of knowing as to whether mail or emails have been sent/received by either party....case closed.

I will send the above email to Premier today and have also contacted the land owner requesting it be cancelled.
  • tangsoodo
    tangsoodo Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 November 2018 at 2:36PM
    Options
    Reply from Premier. What info should I send. Obviously VRN and PCN number (which they already have). I don't hold the V5C as Motability hold it.

(motability are going to email V5 so its just the question of do they require my driving
    licence)

*********I have also already filled in a Disclosure Authority and Consent Form for Premier to allow the letters to be accessed by the BPA so why did they release info to them without my ID being confirmed via passport/driving licence********

Dear Mr ,

Subject Access Request

We write in response to your recent Subject Access Request (SAR).

Please be advised that, in order to protect individual’s anonymity and personal data, our systems are designed to be primarily searchable by Parking Charge Notice reference number or Vehicle Registration Mark, rather than by name or address.

As such, it may not be possible to search for all data we hold on you without the following information:

• Parking Charge Notice reference number
    • Vehicle Registration Mark

To maintain confidentiality and ensure that we do not disclose any personal data, except to the individual to whom it is applicable, the law allows us to take reasonable steps to establish and confirm your identity before we can provide any information. Please provide us with proof of your identity, in the form of a scanned copy of one of the following:

• Driving License
    • Passport
    • Council Tax or Utility Bill (not more than 3 months old) showing your name and address

If your SAR relates to either a Parking Charge Notice or Vehicle Registration Mark we also require proof that you are entitled to details for the data in connection with the vehicle in question. This must be provided in the form of a scanned copy of one of the following:

• The ownership details from the V5 Logbook
    • Written authorisation from the Registered Keeper named on the V5 Logbook where this is not listed as yourself

Please be advised that we will complete your SAR within 30 days of the above information being provided. Should you be dissatisfied for any reason you are reminded that you have the right to raise a complaint with the ICO, details for which can be found in our Privacy Policy.

Yours Sincerely

DPO Team Assistant
    Premier Park Limited
    POX Box 624
    Exeter
    EX1 9JG
    Email
  • tangsoodo
    Options
    Today have received SAR info. All looks ok. Only thing is they have said in covering letter that they hold data for the VRN prior to them having evidence that the number was associated with me. They will not release it without evidence of ownership from previous dates. I could possibly get evidence from motability as I’ve had it since new.

They have sent details of all payments made from July until present (we have been using the car park all year and still are now) . Can I request photos of the vehicle entering and leaving on each visit. Be interesting to see how much time has been paid for and not used (ie leaving well before time has expired) surely for a SAR request they should provide ALL data that they hold.

What are my next steps ( oh and it looks like there may be a second ticket a month later) original PCN also sent to wrong address again
  • tangsoodo
    Options
    Is it worth sending the below or should I sit tight and wait for LBCC

Dear DPO team assistant
    I have received some of the information in response to my SAR. You are required to supply ALL data that is held with regards to my details. The SAR is incomplete. You have provided details of payments associated with the VRN since the 7/7/18 at least 15 times or more. On each occasion Premier Park used ANPR to take time and date stamped images of the VRN entering and leaving the car park. I require these to be sent as they may be used as part of my defence in court. You still have not stated at what time the alleged offence took place but rather state at 17:06 the vehicle was parked in a manner whereby the driver became liable for a parking charge.
    You have not provided any correspondences that you had with the BPA where again my details were shared. I require these letters/emails.
    It appears from the SAR that you have issued another PCN on 17th August (PCN 7103272). This PCN was forwarded onto debt recovery stage after you were made aware of the keepers correct address. I require both of these PCNs to be regarded as one claim and be subject to a late appeal.
    I note that even though you are aware that the V5C document address was not updated due to a third party error (motability) you have still refused to refer it to your appeals team on the basis that the driver or keeper was not afforded the opportunity to appeal. In fact you were sent a SAR request on 9th November requesting that address information be updated yet on the 10th November you forwarded on my details to Debt Recovery Plus showing no intention of putting the case on hold whilst the SAR was processed. This will be brought to the attention of a court as will you wasting court time by not allowing a late appeal
    I require you to answer any concerns raised and provide the data requested.

regards
  • tangsoodo
    Options
    Just an update. Email received after my second SAR request (received after 30day deadline) saying that they have deleted any other data that they hold on me including correspondences with the BPA with regards to my case (so that’s deleting potential evidence of an ongoing case).

Received second Zenith letter today stating that because I failed to pay the discounted rate of £160 they now expect payment of £160 within 14 days. Failure to pay this will result in the full amount of £160 being due. 🤔 Does the collections manager that puts his name to these letters actually read them.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,253 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The people on the letters don't exist, half the time:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3829727
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure