Long closed Goldfish loan

Options
Sometime around 2001, I had a Goldfish loan. I paid it off in full, either by it running it's term or taking out another loan. Either way it was paid off.

I wrote to Lloyd's and Black horse as I'd read they took on Golsfish, but I've had a letter that they can't find any records.

Is it worth pursuing, or should I just leave it?

Comments

• messyhead
    Options
    Anyone? I'm not sure where else to check for Goldfish
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    Potted history of Goldfish;

1996 Goldfish launched as a joint venture between British Gas (later Centrica) and HFC bank
    2000/1 Centrica dumped HFC and got into bed with Lloyds
    2003 Lloyds acquired the Goldfish brand and the assets of Goldfish Bank Limited
    2005 Lloyds sold Goldfish to Morgan Stanley, who later demerged their CC operations as Discover in 2007
    2008 Discover sold Goldfish to Barclaycard

It's unlikely Lloyds will have any records of a loan taken out in 2001 by a business that they sold in 2005.
  • LDamyandNight
    Options
    Antrobus is incorrect.
    Different parts of the Goldfish business were sold to different providers. Lloyds Banking Group hold the liability for unsecured personal loans under Goldfish.
    Easiest way to resolve this is to make a Data Subject Access request (DSAR) to Lloyds on their website. Alternatively, you can simply walk into a branch with ID and ask them to print out the products you have with them - and they can usually do this at the till or customer service).
    I believe that many go the Goldfish legacy loans were sold with PPI (mine certainly was) and like you, Lloyds denied that it existed at first. I then confronted them with the printout and once again they denied it had PPI (even though the product clearly said, "Goldfish legacy loan with Insurance"). Eventually, I had to complain to the FOS.

Perseverance I am afraid is the only thing that will get the Banks to do the right thing! Don't take their first no as an answer as I have had refunds from Santander, Lloyds and RBS on products where they initially said no PPI was sold!!
  • LDamyandNight
    Options
    Please have a look at my response in the tread.
  • societys_child
    Options
    Holy thread resurrection . .

It's almost a year since the OP logged in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure