“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So un-mse but the CT is the bottom of my list. I've paid my usual amount and I'll just wait to see what comes of the info I sent. I can't do much more about it.
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • 117pauline
    Options
    You are the most important part of this equation, you know that, don't you?

I can't imagine how tough it is for you at this time. However you are hanging in there.

That's what you do - hang on in there

And you have no idea how much admiration there is for you.

I compare what you deal with and feel rather ashamed I can't manage as well as you.

So if you can manage a cup of tea and piece of toast, we'd all be rather pleased! And that's me trying and failing to make you smile

You go girl
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Honestly Pauline don't feel like that.

I might have been good at cleaning and keeping the kids happy but behind the scenes I'm a total failure in the majority of things.

X
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It's hard to see ourselves as others see us but really and truly you have achieved a huge amount against great odds. xx
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    On the CT just keep to the agreement as you have been and see what they have to say, and if the original agreement was designed to just be ongoing rather than having an end date if they then come back and demand more fees/a new agreement, challenge it. That may not happen though so try not to worry too much about it for now.

Failure is subjective. Usain Bolt may have felt that every race he ran where he didn't get a personal best was a failure - but if he still came first and got a shiny medal, is that really the case? And should everyone else who wasn't going to beat him just not have run as they would be "failing"? Slack, Cut yourself. Some. Please.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Humdinger1
    Humdinger1 Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Dearest, darling Wannabe

I've found you and subscribed yet again. Seriously, as your other friends have said above: you ARE the most important part of the equation; getting better is priority no 1; and you've done (and are still doing) amazingly well in very difficult circumstances. Who's your hero/heroine? You're up there x 10! Something that might sound odd, but it's helped me in difficult times in the past. Imagine that you can have access to anyone - real or imaginary, historical or current- who's got relevant expertise in a particular situation, or aspect of it. You can talk to them and they can comment or just be a sounding-board. I think one of my best helpers has been a Zulu warrior chief,when dealing with toxic characters, but it's different for each person. You have a great grip on the practicalities so I don't worry about suggesting this - it 's not perhaps so good for those who tend to live in a fantasy world. Please keep on posting when you want to - we all want to know how you're doing (but don't want you to feel pressurised) and want you to know that you're vastly admired and loved. Humdinger x
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you for your replies x

Unwell today after yesterdays appointment. So if I'm quiet I haven't run away. Have to remember 'this will pass' things will get better not easy in the moment though :o

x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Big hugs lovely, take it easy and make sure you get some rest xx
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hugs from me too, and a virtual :coffee:
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I think virtual coffee is the way to go today.

Still haven't really spent on anything. I need to decide on gifts for the smalls birthdays. I've outsourced the making of their cakes to someone local. I can't guarantee I'll be able to and don't want to be last minute. £30 well worth less worrying. I'll order cards online tomorrow.

So far this week my only spends are on taxi's!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback