Child Maintenance an outgoing expense?

Options
I haven't found any info when Googling this. Is child maintenance considered an outgoing when claiming UC? I have to move out of where I am in a few months (Currently with flatmates) and I don't think housing benefit is a thing where I am anymore. I won't be able to afford anything on my own without help but I didn't see an option on the UC calculator for CM as an outgoing and I don't know if I could afford a place with what the calculator says I'm entitled to.

Many thanks.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    UC is about entitlements based on your circumstances (age, single or couple), whether you have rent to pay, whether you have limited capability for work and work related activity and whether you are a carer. There is no provision within UC to take account of your outgoings. If you are no longer able to afford to pay previously agreed maintenance payments due to a change of circumstances then the maintenance payments need to be reviewed.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure