Insuring new laptop brought on EBay

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
edited 24 July 2019 at 12:14AM in Insurance & life assurance
Hi everyone! I just wanted to ask if anybody has had luck purchasing insurance for a new laptop bought from eBay? I’m looking to buy a brand new MacBook Pro (Factory sealed and from a seller with over 300+ 100% reviews) however as I won’t have the original receipt something most insurers ask for would I still be able to purchase insurance for it? Does anybody know of any companies that accept eBay/PayPal Receipts as evidence in the event of a claim? Any help would be appreciated :D

Comments

• tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Surely all you need is proof of the purchase? Do you envisage having any difficulty in doing so?
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Check the T+C's of the insurer as some may not accept ebay or auction sites.

You might want to print off the receipt and listing as the listing removes itself after a certain time on ebay
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Add it to your home insurance. Cover from what being scammed on ebay? No it wont cover that.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure