Sky mobile (hopeless)

Options
Sky mobile for some reason have cancelled my sim card which in turn has rendered my mobile number dead and useless.
I am not sure how this has happened as I didn't request a cancellation nor did I want to lose my number which I have had for years.

Now, I'm self emoyed so this could create many issues for my business as now am unobtainable.

If my number isn't able to be reconnected I will need my business cards, stationary etc to be updated.

Is there a case for any compensation to be claimed as this clearly isn't of my doing or fault?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you have a Business or Consumer contract?

If consumer then no loss of income compensation.

If business then read the Terms and Conditions of the contract you agreed to and that will clearly indicate if loss of income is payable.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    Do you have a Business or Consumer contract?

If consumer then no loss of income compensation.

If business then read the Terms and Conditions of the contract you agreed to and that will clearly indicate if loss of income is payable.

Don't think Sky do business contracts so the OP is out of luck there.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    alboy850 wrote: »
    Sky mobile for some reason have cancelled my sim card which in turn has rendered my mobile number dead and useless.
    I am not sure how this has happened as I didn't request a cancellation nor did I want to lose my number which I have had for years.

Now, I'm self emoyed so this could create many issues for my business as now am unobtainable.

If my number isn't able to be reconnected I will need my business cards, stationary etc to be updated.

Is there a case for any compensation to be claimed as this clearly isn't of my doing or fault?

Presumably you have asked Sky? What did they say?
  • datnt2509
    Options

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    datnt2509 wrote: »

Deja vu?

:rotfl:
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    datnt2509 wrote: »

As already posted in the thread . Is this a business account . In which case you will have service level agreements .
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is this a PAYG SIM on which you have failed to make a chargeable call for 3/6 months? If so, the number will have been lost. If not, then Sky will simply need to send you out a new SIM and reconnect you: the number will not have been lost.
    Speak to Sky and find out why you have been disconnected.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport