Yodel Forged Signature

Options
Bloblik
Bloblik Posts: 61 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 6 September 2017 at 4:30PM in Consumer rights
This thread (which has been closed for some reason):
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4115251&page=2

I am having the same issues, parcel not received yet apparently I signed for it - trying to get a POD is proving very difficult with YODEL.

Yodel are appalling, especially so in dealing with customer complaints (I have spent the whole morning on the phone trying to get a POD), I avoid them where ever possible, unfortunately on this occasion the package came through the Ebay Global Shipping program, so had no control.

The package originated in the US (01/08/17) - tracking shows it delivered here to me over a month ago.
I contacted the seller straight away when tracking showed 'delivered' (12/08/17) and I had not received it, ebay told me to contact the seller direct - who could not get any information from the GPS about this on the US side.
5 days after non delivery (17/08/17) I contacted Yodel direct - and not knowing any tracking refs, a job was located, but as I couldn't track it I wasn't sure it was the exact job (as I receive other packages from this seller) - the driver was asked but couldn't remember delivering it, her even returned to my address a few days later to help him recall. A note on the yodel system was made apparently - but they did not contact me to tell me any of this.
I waited several weeks whilst emails between myself and the seller bounced back and forth, as they the seller communicated with the GPS in the US, without any joy.
The seller then advised me to start a Dispute Case with Ebay (30/08/17)
I then within a few days receive a full refund unannounced, however it is the goods not a refund I required.
I then contact GPS via ebay here in the UK, and get a Yodel tracking ref within a few days, I actually call and speak to the driver ! - who cannot remember delivering the package sadly (as he said back on the 17th)
I spent a whole morning on the phone trying to get a POD and to get a contact for customer complaints ... after being cut off and repeatedly being given email addresses that simply bounce, I am left very frustrated.
I am wondering if they actually have a customer complaints dept. !
It seems that they really don't want you to get in contact with them - customer service reps repeatedly have to go ask for an email address which is just bouncing and different each time you call, why do they not have that info to hand ??

After 4 irate calls to Yodel Customer service, each taking about 30-40 minutes, being cut off, being transferred no where - when my frustration boils over a supervisor unexpectedly appears on the line - I am waiting for a call back !

Between the Ebay Global Shipping program and Yodel it has been a shambles !

Comments

• ssparks2003
    Options
    You have your money back, go and buy the good's elsewhere. why are you wasting your time and effort?
  • cono1717
    cono1717 Posts: 762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bloblik wrote: »
    This thread (which has been closed for some reason):
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4115251&page=2

I am having the same issues, parcel not received yet apparently I signed for it - trying to get a POD is proving very difficult with YODEL.

Yodel are appalling, especially so in dealing with customer complaints (I have spent the whole morning on the phone trying to get a POD), I avoid them where ever possible, unfortunately on this occasion the package came through the Ebay Global Shipping program, so had no control.

The package originated in the US (01/08/17) - tracking shows it delivered here to me over a month ago.
    I contacted the seller straight away when tracking showed 'delivered' (12/08/17) and I had not received it, ebay told me to contact the seller direct - who could not get any information from the GPS about this on the US side.
    5 days after non delivery (17/08/17) I contacted Yodel direct - and not knowing any tracking refs, a job was located, but as I couldn't track it I wasn't sure it was the exact job (as I receive other packages from this seller) - the driver was asked but couldn't remember delivering it, her even returned to my address a few days later to help him recall. A note on the yodel system was made apparently - but they did not contact me to tell me any of this.
    I waited several weeks whilst emails between myself and the seller bounced back and forth, as they the seller communicated with the GPS in the US, without any joy.
    The seller then advised me to start a Dispute Case with Ebay (30/08/17)
    I then within a few days receive a full refund unannounced, however it is the goods not a refund I required.
    I then contact GPS via ebay here in the UK, and get a Yodel tracking ref within a few days, I actually call and speak to the driver ! - who cannot remember delivering the package sadly (as he said back on the 17th)
    I spent a whole morning on the phone trying to get a POD and to get a contact for customer complaints ... after being cut off and repeatedly being given email addresses that simply bounce, I am left very frustrated.
    I am wondering if they actually have a customer complaints dept. !
    It seems that they really don't want you to get in contact with them - customer service reps repeatedly have to go ask for an email address which is just bouncing and different each time you call, why do they not have that info to hand ??

After 4 irate calls to Yodel Customer service, each taking about 30-40 minutes, being cut off, being transferred no where - when my frustration boils over a supervisor unexpectedly appears on the line - I am waiting for a call back !

Between the Ebay Global Shipping program and Yodel it has been a shambles !

Wait so you have your cash back, but you still want the goods? Seems like a case of cake and eat it too!
  • Bloblik
    Bloblik Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to read through that all -

ssparks2003
    The goods are not manufactured any more, so they cannot simply be repurchased.
    cono1717
    I did not ask for a refund - Ebay closed the case on me, but I want Yodel to pull their finger out and find out what has happened.

I think its reasonable to get some form of customer service to get to the bottom of this - the package is somewhere !

I did not get a call back - so have left a message for the line manager to do so.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bloblik wrote: »
    Thank you for taking the time to read through that all -

ssparks2003
    The goods are not manufactured any more, so they cannot simply be repurchased.
    cono1717
    I did not ask for a refund - Ebay closed the case on me, but I want Yodel to pull their finger out and find out what has happened.

I think its reasonable to get some form of customer service to get to the bottom of this - the package is somewhere !

I did not get a call back - so have left a message for the line manager to do so.

Were you the one who contracted with yodel to provide the delivery services? If not, you're not their customer and they have no obligation to you.

Any rights you had/have would be with the seller.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Bloblik
    Options
    Thanks.

Called back and spoke to the line manager, they will not raise a POD for me as I am the receiver.

The seller (in the US) has now stopped responding to my messages.

Initially they told me they had contacted Ebay to request a POD - 4 times ! but no calls/messages were returned etc.

I seem to be stuck in the middle.
    I contacted the Ebay Global Shipping Programme again, and they have now sent yet another tracking ref showing DHL was involved.

I called DHL but they cannot raise a case unless its from the seller.

Ebay is DHL's customer, and I am a customer of Ebay - so I will see if they can request a POD - in view of the seller now not responding.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure