Lloyds - confusion

Options
I was fairly sure I had PPI on (at least) a loan from Lloyds bank in the mid-late 1990s so put in a request for them to find out whether I had PPI via their online form. This morning I got 2 letters through the post enclosing questionnaires. One relates to two account numbers that look like credit card numbers and one relates to two account numbers that may be loans. However, they have not sent me any information about what product/s they relate to or when I took out the PPI. I can't fill in the questionnaires without this information. Any suggestions? And do I need to fill out the questionnaires at all, or is it better to write a template letter?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can't fill in the questionnaires without this information.

Why not?
    And do I need to fill out the questionnaires at all, or is it better to write a template letter?

Template letters have a lower success rate (as people tend to tell lies on them by leaving fake reasons in them). Often the template is missing information and the bank just sends you this form again.

Template letters are an old-fashioned way to complain. The forms asking the relevant questions are the best way.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just fill it in to the best of your knowledge and provide whatever miss-selling reasons you have and any evidence you have to support your complaints
  • louey
    louey Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    But unless I know when I took out the relevant loan/credit card I can't provide the information - It will determine whether I was on a short term contract or not. It asks lots of questions about who I was employed by and whether I had death in service benefits etc
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ring them up and ask them
  • societys_child
    Options
    louey wrote: »
    But unless I know when I took out the relevant loan/credit card I can't provide the information - It will determine whether I was on a short term contract or not. It asks lots of questions about who I was employed by and whether I had death in service benefits etc
    Sounds like you're not sure what reasons for complaint you may have?
  • louey
    louey Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like you're not sure what reasons for complaint you may have?

I may not have a complaint over all the PPI - it depends on when I got it. I was on a fixed term contract for some of the time period and a student so I'm pretty sure that it would not have paid out for unemployment in those circumstances. Later on I had a permanent job. It sounds like I need to phone them and see if they can give me more details.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Usualy complant reasons are single premium on a loan or consolidated chain of loans.
    CC PPI - didn't need it, could cover with savings, good sick pay, already covered elsewhere, not working enough hours to have it pay out, student, armed forces, policeman.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure