Blackcircles.com

Options
Hello, fellow Motorists...

I'd just like to mention a very smooth process of ordering Tyres on blackcircles.com.

I had my BMW serviced at Williams BMW recently (it was included in the purchase of the vehicle - I didn't pay for it!) and as they always do, they 'advised work that should probably be done soon'... of which, was 2x Tyres and my front brake pads.

They quoted me £189 + VAT for the front tyre and £258 + VAT for the rear tyre
- a total of £447+VAT or £536+/-

They also quoted something similar to replace my front brake pads (which have 600miles left, according to the on board computer) - I've since found an ex-Rolls Royce mechanic who can replace them for £75 including fitting :money:

Anyway, I touted some websites with the information they gave me about the Tyres and managed to get both tyres, supplied & fitted at a local ATS Euromaster for £295.20 including VAT!

A 'moneysavingexpert' saving of £241 :beer: - which means, I can get the brake pads done too and still have £166 left!
Mortgage Free Wannabe
Currently £90,000+/- over 18 years!
Best MoneySaving Moments of this year?
- I saved £150 by repairing my MacBook myself using online guides!
- I went back to Uni, so I've purchased a TOTUM (NUS) Card
- I saved 6 months of Amazon Prime by signing up to Amazon Prime Student

Comments

• loskie
    loskie Posts: 1,761 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You replaced 1 tyre on the front and 1 on the rear is that right?

If so possibly not the most sensible course of action. Should have replaced them in pairs.
    That's the problem with staggered wheels/tyres you cannot rotate them to even out wear.
  • MoneySavingMole
    Options
    That's correct - both on the passenger side. The driver's side (front and back) were replaced recently following a road traffic accident in which the third party collided with that side of the vehicle.

That's probably why they've flagged them on the service, to be honest. The tread depth is 3mm on the passenger side wheels and 6/7mm on the driver's side.
    Mortgage Free Wannabe
    Currently £90,000+/- over 18 years!
    Best MoneySaving Moments of this year?
    - I saved £150 by repairing my MacBook myself using online guides!
    - I went back to Uni, so I've purchased a TOTUM (NUS) Card
    - I saved 6 months of Amazon Prime by signing up to Amazon Prime Student
  • Clive_Woody
    Options
    I've used Blackcircles many times and really impressed with the service and how much I saved.

You can even get cashback from Topcashback on top of their great prices :money:
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bought some tyres last week from Blackcircles. Turn up at the fitting centre on the time and date stated to find out that the tyres hadn't been delivered and that the order had been postponed. Logged into my Blackcircles account and it doesn't say anything about this, still said my original fitting date and time.

Phoned Blackcircles and was on hold for over 20 minutes until I eventually pressed 5 for a ring back. Never received a ring back either.

Emailed them and asked for a full refund and got an email back 24 hours later saying they will refund me.

Poor show.
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    loskie wrote: »
    You replaced 1 tyre on the front and 1 on the rear is that right?

If so possibly not the most sensible course of action. Should have replaced them in pairs.
    That's the problem with staggered wheels/tyres you cannot rotate them to even out wear.

In 50 years of driving I have never rotated tyres, and nothing bad has happened as a result.

On the other hand, I have had to replace many tyres over the years because of damage of one sort or another. Any one of those would have upset a rotation plan.
  • EdGasketTheSecond
    Options
    RAC tyres are also good. Same setup; order tyres and arrange a fitting time at a local tyre place. Have found their prices better than BC's
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    Options
    RAC tyres are also good. Same setup; order tyres and arrange a fitting time at a local tyre place. Have found their prices better than BC's

Also Asda tyres. Got the best price with them last time, so much so the fitter was surprised at how good it was.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Options
    Also Asda tyres. Got the best price with them last time, so much so the fitter was surprised at how good it was.
    Asda and RAC tyres are one and the same.
  • dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Always had some concerns about purchasing goods from one supplier that are then fitted by another - If end result not up to standard, each of the supplying parties blame the other

Looked at BC for tyres, but with above in mind.
    Wasn't too difficult to work out who the local fitting service were, so rang them with " BC want £xx, will you supply and fit for the same price ?" - Answer "YES"

Maybe a little sneaky, but this is a money saving site and I have just one firm to deal with if something's not up to standard
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 May 2018 at 4:58PM
    Options
    Looks like I will order tyres from RAC Tyres.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure