Iresa massive DDM hike BUT still the cheapest ..do I still switch?

Options
JBEAN
JBEAN Posts: 47 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 11 April 2018 at 2:14PM in Energy
Hi - I am one of the ones affected by Iresa's massive DDM hike - £66 to £134 per month over 12 months (based on precise monthly readings)

I have made many attempts to call them to discuss the account and attempt to get the DDM reduced

My account is in credit (slightly...but will obviously increase quite substantially as we go into summer)

I can't get hold of anyone on the phone - and my last ticket 2 weeks ago still hasn't been acknowledged

I have done a comparison on here and they are the cheapest company!

Would you switch anyway to a more expensive provider?

The next 6 providers are all ones I haven't heard of either!

Feeling really anxious about the DDM increase - but also worried and confused about what to do next

any advice would be VERY much appreciated. Thank you in advance

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,225 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Your call entirely, depends if you always go for cheap regardless or add service / quality into the mix

I was with Iresa electric only until end of March. They were cheapest for me, and I never had any problems with them

However I jumped ship, for about £20 a year extra costs, just for a good customer service provider

My switch is going well, but ironically the "good service" one failed to keep me informed of progress during some stages. They did quickly answer phone & sort it out though once I called them

PS my Iresa DD never changed, I told them my exact annual usage at the start and thus there was no reason for them to alter the DD
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Il_Tempo_Gigante
    Options
    Hello there, Iresa's Facebook site is worth a look as their reviews are dreadful and complaints many.
    They started extracting extra payments from my account last November and attempted to do so again in March this year. I cancelled by direct debit immediately and contacted them by every available means imploring them to call as a matter of urgency to discuss a more suitable payment agreement. They sent me several acknowledgements with promises to contact within 5 working days, but I've not heard from them since. I've also contacted them regularly to confirm non-payment until I receive a call, but still I've met with silence and an invitation to renew my contract.
    Although I laughed at this invitation originally, on reflection I think I might take them up on their offer because they are so clearly p**s-poor at what they do it will most likely be 2019 before they pursue me for any payments. They are appallingly crap and are clearly struggling to cope with all the customer accounts they must have accrued. I understand that I will have to pay them eventually, but I'm quite certain that "Eventually" is a very long way away
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    Please don't go near facebook. :eek:
    Anyone else see Zuckerberg get a mauling yesterday?
    He's currently getting another grilling now, having been given overnight catch his breath...
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Facebook? Since the share price increased by 5% on the first day of his 'mauling', the markets seemed to think he performed quite well. That 5% equates to about 3 billion dollars added to Zuckerberg's holding: not bad for five hours work.
    I expect he's quite looking forward to another session.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • zolablue25
    zolablue25 Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    Your call entirely, depends if you always go for cheap regardless or add service / quality into the mix

I was with Iresa electric only until end of March. They were cheapest for me, and I never had any problems with them

However I jumped ship, for about £20 a year extra costs, just for a good customer service provider

My switch is going well, but ironically the "good service" one failed to keep me informed of progress during some stages. They did quickly answer phone & sort it out though once I called them

PS my Iresa DD never changed, I told them my exact annual usage at the start and thus there was no reason for them to alter the DD
    I too jumped ship to a slightly more expensive supplier but one that has excellent reviews of customer service (and so far, they have been very good to me).
    I didn't have a DD rise but I did request, numerous times, that they reduced my DD as I was well in credit (currently they owe me £200+). They never responded to any request/complaint that I sent to them so decided enough was enough and got out.
    I usually go for a combination of cheap and reasonable service. Iresa failed my litmus test on the "reasonable service" aspect, so moving on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure