Options
124»

Comments

• sally0101
    sally0101 Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dear Original Poster

I think you are well within your rights to raise your concerns and I would have done exactly the same.

This site has changed so much. It used to be full of people keen to help and offer advice. Now it seems all people do is pick fault, criticise and knock people. Im not saying people cant express opinions but is there really such a need to turn everything into a negative debate. All the original poster was after was some constuctive advice. She never once mentions going for compensation .. that came from all the cynical people who 'assume' this was her intent.

Such a shame that these people have to spoil this site for genuine people in need of advice.
  • kingfisherblue
    kingfisherblue Posts: 9,203 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    sally0101 wrote: »
    Dear Original Poster

I think you are well within your rights to raise your concerns and I would have done exactly the same.

This site has changed so much. It used to be full of people keen to help and offer advice. Now it seems all people do is pick fault, criticise and knock people. Im not saying people cant express opinions but is there really such a need to turn everything into a negative debate. All the original poster was after was some constuctive advice. She never once mentions going for compensation .. that came from all the cynical people who 'assume' this was her intent.

Such a shame that these people have to spoil this site for genuine people in need of advice.

I'm one who did offer positive advice, and as far as I am aware, the only person who offered any advice directly regarding her daughter's reaction to food - yet that wasn't even commented upon by the OP. I also defended her decision to use a packet of cauliflower cheese. Not all of us have been negative, although you imply this.

I do hope that the OP's daughter is fine now, though, as I know just how hard it can be when a child has feeding difficulties, whatever the cause. My son was born with abnormalities of the digestive system and has had feeding problems since birth - he is now 14, and it is still a part of our every day life.
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    muckybutt wrote: »
    Borjomi Georgia http://www.ids-borjomi.ge/ru/ hence making them Georgian.

Georgia country http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(country)

Not so hard was it

Thank you!

I was trying to mention one of the sources that it could have come from, had it been one of Tesco's own meals. I know that a lot of the packaging come from this source (under a contract awarded in 2003!) There are strict control laws in place, so expect something done about it.

If it's Chinese, I have no idea, as I've never lived in China and thus don't know the legislation.

CK
    💙💛 💔
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tina20 wrote: »
    I recently ate one of these microwave frozen meals, and because it had been dropped while frozen the plastic shattered in places.

I've had that.

I only found out after it had cooked and leaked all over the microwave. :mad:
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you for one of the very very few responses I was looking for.
    2 days post-op on knee surgery, I'm not going to stand around and cook.

And a supermarket ready meal is moneysaving compared to phoning out for a takeaway ... :)
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • kingdavid2012
    Options
    Taadaa wrote: »
    Planet earth is getting further and further away.

The OP did not come on here to ask advice about how to save money on food, what to serve her child, and whether she should check through a ready made meal before serving it. Does the packaging say 'check through before serving in case a piece of our cheap and nasty packaging is inside waiting to choke you?' In which case, OP, then you are clearly in the wrong.

If you have retained the packaging, contact the company and ask them what they want you to do ie return the packaging or take photos. I would take photos before you send it off. Regardless of whether it was a piece of packaging that came loose, or somehow got into the food during production, it shouldn't have happened.

The chances are they will give you an apology and a cheque for a small sum or a voucher. I suggest you are clear about what you expect ie for them to investigate and ensure this doesn't happen again, as the consequences could have been more serious.

What can we do else?

Ask for certain sum of money and serve up as a negative example to let the manufacturer avoid such mistakes.

But damage is done and we suffer.
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sorry op for you problems , i advise writing to the company in the first instance or rininging them if they have a conusmer complaints line. explain your situation and they can investigate for you.

i do not think at this stage you need take it further accidents happen , the plastic may have been in the food from the factory or as a result of your cooking it at home.but await the response of the company before deciding what action to take

as for your three year old , i suggest you try to support her /get her help with the not wanting to eat issue because clearly she has been scared by the incident and needs ot get it sorted now rather then it getting any worse

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • sequence
    sequence Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    Options
    Would anyone really sift through a ready meal before serving it ? That sounds ridiculous to me. I can't image anyone would, but I don't eat ready meals....
  • mazza111
    mazza111 Posts: 6,327 Forumite
    Options
    I don't eat ready meals as a rule either, but stocked the freezer with them one day as I found out I was having surgery on my hands the following day. It's easier to feed the kids ready meals post surgery than ordering takeaway or attempting to cook. As the OP stated, she just had knee surgery.
    4 Stones and 0 pounds or 25.4kg lighter :j
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sequence wrote: »
    Would anyone really sift through a ready meal before serving it ? That sounds ridiculous to me. I can't image anyone would, but I don't eat ready meals....

If i was eating it then probably not. Black plastic in cauliflower cheese shouldn't be too hard to spot.

But if i was going to give it to my 3 year old, then yes, i would give it a good poke first. Mainly to make sure it wasn't going to be as hot as the sun ! Boiling hot cheese sauce has a habit of sticking to the inside of your mouth.

Maybe i'm just paranoid ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport