PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Slow Cookers lonely

Options
I've only made one dinner in it and that got wasted, the kids wouldn't touch it. I want to use it more but without wasting food :confused: The Cooker is gathering dust, i think it was a waste of money :rolleyes:

I have looked at all your lovely recipes, but most don't tell you how much of each stuff to use or whether they are child friendly or not :p

Help me make my cooker happy :j

Comments

• Mrsbojangles_2
    Options
    Hmm I had a similar problem when I first got my slow cooker, but with practice and basically just trying made up recipes I got the hang of it, I couldn't tell you quantities i'm afraid as I just gauge that by how much food I want to make.

Good luck!
    February Grocery Challenge £250.00

Spend so far £230!! (Ohhh my days HELP) still got almost 2 weeks left!!
  • GIRLPOWER_2
    GIRLPOWER_2 Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    Options
    What about roast beef???? just get a cheep joint of brisket and but a little water in it.. cook for about 8 hours on slow.. or a whole chicken same process.

I use mine a lot to help reduce costs with the cuts of meat I get.
  • Iguana
    Iguana Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try recipes that are simalar to what your children already eat.
  • Kimberley
    Kimberley Posts: 14,871 Forumite
    Options
    I'll have another browse through the recipes then :) It's hard though
  • mah_jong
    mah_jong Posts: 1,284 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Start off with some basics..... a chicken or a roast, chilli /spag bol/stew. I was once told I should make spag bol properly (out of a jar)!!!

Now there are no murmers of discontentment just empty plates..... I think its just a case of persevering. Children are adaptable.

your repotoire will grow! knowing its healthier is a great bonus for mums too!
  • Kimberley
    Options
    Where have all the recipes gone?
  • Kimberley
    Options
    Thank you, i've bookmarked it :)
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What was the objection from the children Kimberley? would they eat it if it was a stew/casserole rather than a meal from the slow cooker? iyswim ;)

today-my 5 year old on being told he couldn't have anything cos his dinner was nearly ready announced he didn't like pork-so his was 'chicken' and he ate the lot:D
  • Kimberley
    Options
    Spendless wrote:
    What was the objection from the children Kimberley? would they eat it if it was a stew/casserole rather than a meal from the slow cooker? iyswim ;)

They don't like all the stuff that goes in it, like they won't eat if it has herbs, Veg or savoury stuff in it :confused:

I'm off to bed now, i'll catch up on your replies tomorrow.

Night :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport