PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Sunday 8th July 2018

Options

Comments

• snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

LW, I hope things were ok yesterday.

Silver-oldie, I second the idea of a meet-up. I went to one in London when Aussielass (if anyone remembers her) came over. Squeaky (rip) was there and so was purpleivy. I can't remember who else.

Not a lot to report here, it's too hot to do much of anything. DD let me know that her grandmother-in-law's funeral is likely to be the Monday after they get back from the Seychelles. They were to be in Glasgow anyway that weekend for a wedding on the Saturday and a christening on the Sunday. Now with a funeral on the Monday it's a bit like that old rhyme about Solomon Grundy.

I need to get ready then we can walk the hound while it's still cool.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    snoozer wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

LW, I hope things were ok yesterday.

Silver-oldie, I second the idea of a meet-up. I went to one in London when Aussielass (if anyone remembers her) came over. Squeaky (rip) was there and so was purpleivy. I can't remember who else.

Hi Snoozer was it the one where we all met up in the pub in Whitehall just off Trafalgar Square ?? If so I was there as well :):):)

Boiling hot already in Kent ,think its a morning for doing things slowly First will be my menu plan for the week then breakfast and possibly feet up for an hour while I listen to The Archers ,Then I'm not too sure .I have been productive already this morning though and have decluttered four drawers of paperwork in my filing cabinet Old bills mostly dating back to 2004 ??? all been shredded and into the recycling bag, makes you feel quite cathartic and FREE getting rid of unnecessary clutter :):):) I may crack on with some more later before I drown in old paperwork.
    Hope everyone has a good day and can keep their cool

JackieO xxx
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all,

A quiet day for us here. The HT slept a little longer this morning for a change - it must have been all the sea air yesterday. All his uniform has been washed and line dried so just ironing to do this afternoon. I washed the sheet off his bed yesterday so I'm going to steal his duvet cover and pillowcases in a minute and wash them so that they can line dry too. They need washing a little more often than usual just now as despite the weather he wraps himself in the duvet to sleep. I don't know how he does it either. I am still sleeping with bits of me under the duvet and I woke up with cold feet in the night but I couldn't sausage roll myself like he does. My 94 year old next door neighbour was scrubbing her patio yesterday afternoon. She's made of stronger stuff than me for sure.

I'd love a meet up if it's one that I can get to. I have several very good friends that started off as online friends but who have become a large part of my real life. We don't see some of them as often as we used to when the HT was small but they are still friends.

The HT has new headphones which he couldn't live without apparently. The fish obsession that started when he was two is still running strong. He now listens to music with a sharks head looking out of one ear and it's tail sticking out of the other, sigh. At least nobody could accuse him of following the herd.

I hope Mum of Gers is feeling better today.

Hugs Judi I know the feeling. The late MrC worked away at sea for 4 months at a time. I used to want him to move out for the first week he was home when he was unpacking and the last week at home when he was packing to leave. The chaos that both cause in my routine was unbelievable. I miss him but I don't miss the chaos.

Take care all of you :)
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning Everyone,

Lovely Sunny day. The wm has just finished its second load, so I will hang that out.
    I need to pop to shops fro some salad bits. The rest of the day I will entertain myself with paperwork to do with mom .

Will also sit in the garden for an hour.

Enjoy your day x
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

It's a bit cooler here today which is quite nice but we could do with a bit more of a breeze to move some air about.

Went to the engagement party last night which I thoroughly enjoyed, lots of dancing and laughter although it was rather hot.

I think DS1 is coming over with the DGC today, we may go for a trundle around the country park before lunch.

I gave my feet a treat with Burts Bees foot cream, lovely.

Hope the appt went OK LW.
    Here's hoping your DM is feeling better this morning Gers.

Have a happy Sunday, take care. XX
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

My DM is still in hospital - the one were NONE of the windows can be opened and there's no air conditioning or ventilation! It's brand new and huge, all sparkling and modern, apart from any way of getting fresh air into it. :eek:

Seems tha DM's worst day is behind her and all due to a brewing UTI on top of the tachycardia and heart failure. I'm hoping she's better today after having had antibiotics. Yesterday she couldn't eat.

As for dry skin cream - I recently got CCS foot care cream. It's Swedish and costs about £7.00 a tube, but it's very effective and is absorbed easily.

Groundhog Day - up, shower, eat, visit DM, back, eat, sleep.

Hugs to all the poorly or upset or sad folk- and to the rest too!

Happy Sunday.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My chiropodist recommends that CCS foot cream too, it is ok but more for normal feet, mine need almost daily hard skin removal and I do best when it is scraped off at chiropody and then I try to keep it off using an electric scholl thinger. It never stays off though. I have not got pretty feet.

I shall go and get ready quite soon. I want to wear flip flops, at least my trousers are a bit long so nobody will see my feet.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 8 July 2018 at 10:11AM
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Sorry to hear your Mum is still in hospital Gers I hope she recovers and is allowed home soon.

Its 30c here already, I am tired of the heat, its making me feel ill now. I keep out of it as much as possible. We have the back door open the sitting room curtains drawn and the fan on, not that its really doing much good.

The bowls yesterday was ok, but now OH knows how I felt when I had to go to presidents day and people just ignored me..... we ended up sitting in the club house out of the sun, it was way too hot, was glad to get home even though the air in the house was muggy.

Terrible nights sleep, I have been coerced by OH to go to chapel this morning, I really feel quite ambivalent about going, just hope its cool otherwise I am coming home.

No cooking today, I have a quiche which we will have with salad tonight, its a day for cold drinks and not much else. Personally I have had enough of the hot weather now, it can go away.

Judi.....you have my sympathy regarding your grand childrens party. You do enough for them. I am afraid I would be refusing to have either of the children. When my children were small I had no option to stay at home regardless, my mother would not even baby sit. When I did go back to work, I had no option but to work as a temp so I could take school holidays off. Our grandchildren are all grown up, we see very little of them, they all have their own lives to lead and we let them get on with it. cynical I may be but thats life I am afraid.

Better pull myself together and get ready to go to chapel.........
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I was "up" (more like just about out of bed!) at 2.30am to see DH off the premises & into a taxi to the airport as he's off to work in forrun lands until Friday.

Now the cat is fed, I'm showered & packed and off on a spa break in Manchester with my BF. We haven't seen each other for a while so lots of catching up, cocktails & wine are expected :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    I was "up" (more like just about out of bed!) at 2.30am to see DH off the premises & into a taxi to the airport as he's off to work in forrun lands until Friday.

Now the cat is fed, I'm showered & packed and off on a spa break in Manchester with my BF. We haven't seen each other for a while so lots of catching up, cocktails & wine are expected :)

I hope that's Best Friend and not Boy Friend!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure