Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Presently insured with Saga (AXA) = £470

Tesco quoted £392

Direct Choice (Equity Red Star) quoted £295 (thanks MSE) via confused. OK I double my excess to £300, but.....guess where I'm going? And only a month afer renewing with Saga! I wonder if they'll suddenly match it? Not holding my breath!

Incidentally insuresupermarket just offered me a blank page at the end of it all. Twice
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have found what I think is an anomaly on the insuresupermarket website. I started filling in the details, but when it asked for the main driver which would be my wife, it goes on to ask about a no claims bonus which of course she doesn't have as the policy is in my name and I have the NCB. Most of the other sites ask about NCB and ask who the main driver will be. How can I get around this? Surely it's about time these companies realised with husband and wife policies that the NCB should be joint.
  • System
    Options
    Have tried both sites repeatedly and can't get past the 'car model' drop down on insuresupermarket before it crashes and am getting a blank on confused.com after the new quote page.....aaargh!

Could it be because I am a Mac user?
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Try putting an "s" after the http in the address. I did, and i worked :)
  • System
    Options
    Are there any multi car policies that would be worth looking at? We own four cars and a motorbike.
  • maskint
    Options
    A big thank you from a chuffed money saver.
    Used both sites for a quote - i drive a 4 yr old toyota Rav 4, do just under 30,000 miles per annum, and have 6 recently expired points on my licence (although they are 3 yrs old - insureres could them for 5??)
    My previous insurer quoted £733 for renewal (Toyota policy)
    Using Confused - the cheapest quote was £380, but the excess was too much (150 compulsory and £150 voluntary)
    I asked if they could play around and get it down to a total of £150, but still protected, and they did - for an increase of £8 per year!

So i've saved over £300, and am well pleased!!
  • Seesaw_2
    Seesaw_2 Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    Used confused.com who quoted £321 with Diamond. Did my own quote with Elephant which came back with £360. However they phoned the next day and offered cover at £311 !

By the way the quote from my original insurers was £460 ! Shame I didn't do this years ago...

Does anyone have experience of elephant ?
  • System
    Options
    The Guardian Jobs and Money did an insurance comaparison last year in which Churchill came out on top.

I was with Budget until they wanted to increase my policy by £120 when I moved house (strangely from a very rough neighbourhood to a very secure one).

Churchill offered me £140 discount on my previous Budget policy, effectively I saved a massive £260 by switching.

With my husband's insurance they suggested I take out a second policy for his car in my name with him as a named driver and it was half the price they quoted originally for it in his name.
  • laminki
    laminki Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    I read the article and went to insuresupermarket.com (and confused.com who were £300 off the mark!)

insuresupermarket.com quoted screentrade.com who were offering the cheapest policy through churchill. churchill couldn't do it any cheaper directly so I got the churchill policy through screentrade.

Thanks Martin (again!!)
  • System
    Options
    This is the area for questions, feedback and discussion about the four step solution to cutting your car insurance costs.   For the article containing this system click here.

If you are providing feedback.  It would be very helpful to hear the results of each of the steps.  As this is a new system all feedback is greatly appreciated.

My fingers are crossed that it saves you some money though.

Martin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport