Morrison More Breach - It's all the customer's fault!

Options

Comments

• z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gary9960 wrote: »
    I had been saving up my points on the More card for over a year. My account was hacked and £65 was stolen. Morrisons took weeks to respond to anxious calls and e mails. Then they said my e mail account had been hacked so nothing to do with them and the money was lost. I pointed out even if my e mails were hacked the More card had a seperate log in password etc so how did they get into this? They just ignored me. I am disabled and this is a lot of money to me but they could not care less. The good news is the Express are going to do a feature on this to warn other people. I will never set foot in Morrisons again

If you've only amassed £65 of points in over a year I don't think Morrisons will be too worried about you not shopping there again.
  • Rainbowgirl84
    Rainbowgirl84 Posts: 1,175 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    z1a wrote: »
    If you've only amassed £65 of points in over a year I don't think Morrisons will be too worried about you not shopping there again.

How much do you think you need to spend in Morrisons to earn £65 of points?
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    edited 1 July 2019 at 10:29PM
    Options
    How much do you think you need to spend in Morrisons to earn £65 of points?

Well I spend about £100 - £120 / week, and up to now from January I've had over £200 in points.

To get £65 in normal points you need to spend £1300, but there are almost weekly promotions for extra points with a minimum spend, or double/treble points. So probably a spend of about £1000 to get £65.
  • Rainbowgirl84
    Rainbowgirl84 Posts: 1,175 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    z1a wrote: »
    Well I spend about £100 - £120 / week, and up to now from January I've had over £200 in points.

To get £65 in normal points you need to spend £1300, but there are almost weekly promotions for extra points with a minimum spend, or double/treble points. So probably a spend of about £1000 to get £65.

Normally it's 5 points for every £1 spent. 5000 points (1k spend) gets you £5. So it's a £13,000 spend for £65 is it not without any promotions?
  • Gary9960
    Gary9960 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    If i had known I would have collected the vouchers but how was I to know their system was vulnerable?. Anyway they gave me the same line they gave others on this site but the difference is they refuse to refund the lost money. I am taking them to the small claims court. they went out of their way to be unhelpful I suspect they are getting to many cases like this. As for you having no problems lucky you but we are all vulnerable to such crimes. I wouldn't dream of standing at a road and saying I never got knocked down!!!!
  • Gary9960
    Options
    £1300 is not nothing!!!!!!
  • Gary9960
    Options
    Hi Yes i do have the link on my iphone. Will delete it now as will never use it again Thanks for the warning
  • Gary9960
    Options
    Hi joolsem
    That is wierd as my points were also used in Fort William and I live in Edinburgh. I think Morissons are trying to hide something as they were very reluctant to tell me this and it only came out after numerous e mails back and forth. They still deny it is their issue and refuse to refund my points. I am so angry I have issued a citation on them from the small claims court It costs £19 but it is more about the principle of the thing now. They have been as unhelpful as possible. I suspect they are hardening their attitude due to lots of thefts and have decided not to refund people from now (Unlike some earlier cases) I wonder if anyone else has had points used in Fort William. Surely Morissons must be aware of this???
  • Gary9960
    Options
    An update for those who have had money stolen from their More card Morrison’s are claiming our accounts were hacked so nothing to do with them As proof they send a link "have i been pwned" and when you put you e mail in it tells you you have been pwned then this site encourages you to buy a secure password. Oh no you think I have been hacked. The only trouble is put in any e mail address ( I tried 10 of my friends) and it tells me all of them have been pwned. I got suspicious so put in Morrison’s customer service e mail and guess what they have been pwned. Obviously a site trying to sell their stuff. My question to Morrison’s Do you believe this site is legit? If so then you have been hacked If you don’t then why are you using it to blame customers rather than taking responsibility? We will see what the Courts think? Get out if that one
  • Cefca
    Cefca Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Gary9960 wrote: »
    An update for those who have had money stolen from their More card Morrison’s are claiming our accounts were hacked so nothing to do with them As proof they send a link "have i been pwned" and when you put you e mail in it tells you you have been pwned then this site encourages you to buy a secure password. Oh no you think I have been hacked. The only trouble is put in any e mail address ( I tried 10 of my friends) and it tells me all of them have been pwned. I got suspicious so put in Morrison’s customer service e mail and guess what they have been pwned. Obviously a site trying to sell their stuff. My question to Morrison’s Do you believe this site is legit? If so then you have been hacked If you don’t then why are you using it to blame customers rather than taking responsibility? We will see what the Courts think? Get out if that one

It is a legitimate site.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure