My cat died alone and I feel so guilty :(

Options
124»

Comments

• Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    TrishJones and Keepcalm how are you both doing?
    Feel free to offload, in the big real world people often wrongly assume you'll get over the loss of a pet in a few days .....����
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Artytarty wrote: »
    TrishJones and Keepcalm how are you both doing?
    Feel free to offload, in the big real world people often wrongly assume you'll get over the loss of a pet in a few days .....����

Or ask the really insensitive question of will you get another to replace the deceased pet.....as if they were a pair of worm out slippers
  • GreenQueen
    GreenQueen Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Trish, please don't get caught up with "what if". We had a cat go missing about 20 years ago under similar circumstances - very heavy thunder and flooding. Sadly, we never found out what happened to her.

You rescued Lulu from a difficult situation and gave her a lovely life, think about the good times you had together.
    2021 - mission declutter and clean - 0/2021
  • TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A friend commented the other day that our eldest cat was looking old (she is 14 going on 15) and I know she only has maybe a few years left. But then I worry our middle one (3) will get out and hit by a car (she is youngish and can be a bit daft) or our youngest (2) will die of poisoning (keeps eating a plant that am sure is toxic, despite our best attempts).

Agree that the key is to make the most of the time you do have with any cats you have. When you're ready what might ease the pain is giving a loving home to another rescue cat.
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh it's horrible when people express surprise that my cat is still alive, or that he is slower than before.
    For the record, he is 16 1/2 and a large breed that usually has a 12 yr lifespan.
    I like to think he has had the extra years his sister didn't get.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • CorrineCoo
    CorrineCoo Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bugslet wrote: »
    I had an occasion when I left a dog at a vets overnight, he was very poorly, they rang early evening to say that his lungs were filling with fluid and there was little they could do. I could have said hold on till I get there, but the thought of him suffering for 30 minutes +, was not worth it, so I told them to give him the injection and put him out of his suffering. He was the only dog that I wasn't there for at the end.

You did the best thing, I believe I did the best thing. It's horrible to think of them being alone and seeing their empty bed and their bowl on the floor, but if you hadn't taken them to the vet, you'd be on asking if you did enough for him. As owners, we can be very hard on ourselves.

It would have been quick and the vet staff would have stroked him at the end.

Hugs to you.

Got-damned this is the worst. The bowls and the toys still scattered around.... unbearable. But you are right in what you say no doubt.
  • CorrineCoo
    Options
    Hugs to you.[/QUOTE]
    Or ask the really insensitive question of will you get another to replace the deceased pet.....as if they were a pair of worm out slippers

How do you write 'Amen' 10 million times on this thing?
  • CorrineCoo
    Options
    You were doing your best for the little one. Who knows, one day they will provide fur parents the option of staying with their charges overnight when they are very ill, even if it is on the other side of protective glass after radiation, just so they know that you are still there for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure