Options
2»

Comments

• Mr_Singleton
    Options
    MSE_Jenny wrote: »
    articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi all,

We've written a new guide on How to reclaim for incomplete TfL journeys and would love your feedback.

How did you find the info? Was it useful? Do you have any other tips you'd add?

The obvious question is that to have an incomplete journey you must have used an OysterCard or contactless card at which point TFL will have all the details it needs to enable them to give you an automatic refund. Why have TFL added an extra step?

As this is TFL I suspect they know that even after being told the vast majority of people won’t claim thus they get the benefit of saying we’re offering it but still getting to keep the money they’ve incorrectly charged.

TFL is sitting on a £350,000,000 cash mountain from dormant OysterCards that it’s not surprisingly remaining rather silent about.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Options
    Just did my first ever contactless trip yesterday. I made sure I tapped my card on the yellow card reader and each time the barrier opened. I have filled out a refund claims form....

Had to laugh at this.... think about the amount of TFL tube/rail journeys per day. If this happened to only a tiny tiny fraction of them think of all the money TFL is making because its system screwed up. Yet it’s the innocent passenger that gets over charged and has to jump through hoops to get a refund.
  • Claretman
    Options
    How do TfL stand legally by having a three claim per month maximum? Surely if they've overcharged a customer more than three times a month (I am that customer), the same should apply for each journey. Or is this merely to discourage more claims and you can claim for more outside of the online form.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    Claretman wrote: »
    How do TfL stand legally by having a three claim per month maximum? Surely if they've overcharged a customer more than three times a month (I am that customer), the same should apply for each journey. Or is this merely to discourage more claims and you can claim for more outside of the online form.

I’ve said it lots of times before and no doubt I’ll say it lots of times again..... Transport for London is an abusive monopoly. Companies with abusive monopolies behave in the way you describe above.

I believe TFL has gone on record to admit it structures things specifically discourage claims.

Consumers get the service they want.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I’ve said it lots of times before and no doubt I’ll say it lots of times again..... Transport for London is an abusive monopoly. Companies with abusive monopolies behave in the way you describe above.

I believe TFL has gone on record to admit it structures things specifically discourage claims.

Consumers get the service they want.

You mean if passengers used it correctly then they won't need to claim, rather than your habit of forgetting to touch out at the end of your various trips meaning the system gets confused?
  • rubbish22
    Options
    Can I claim a contact less refund online? I have to pay for telephone calls and if I have a long call it will cost more than the £5 overcharge
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    rubbish22 wrote: »
    Can I claim a contact less refund online? I have to pay for telephone calls and if I have a long call it will cost more than the £5 overcharge

Yes, make an account on the TfL website, add your card to it and claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure