Any success stories with HFC Bank (HSBC)

Options
So earlier this year whilst having a clear out I stumbled across some old loan documents.

In January 2003 I had a £20k loan with Endeavour Personal Finance via Norton Finance. With a £1600 premium loaded onto the loan for PPI.

At the time the loan was taken my other half (it was a joint loan) was self employed so PPI reclaim should be a clear cut case.

Norton Finance no longer exist and neither does HFC / Endeavour however they are now part of HSBC bank.

I made my PPI claim on the 4th of July well before the cut off date using the on-line form on the HSBC website specifically for HFC Bank claims. To date other than one letter from HSBC acknowledging our claim dated the 5th of September we have received no further correspondence. So we are now 7 weeks over the 8 week response time.

I have called HSBC today who tried to deny ever receiving our claim. After refusing to be fobbed off they all of a sudden found everything including our original 2003 account. They told me on the phone that the claim should be with Norton but as they no longer exist we need to go to the Financial services compensation scheme, but as this loan was dated 2003 this is also incorrect as the scheme doesn't cover this far back.

I don't want to let it go as I feel HSBC but the way they are behaving are jut hoping it will go away.

Does anyone have any advice / Tips or success stories? I have already escalated it the financial Ombudsmen but as they have such long lead times presently is there anything else I should be doing to hurry this along?

Thank you.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There have been success stories and failure stories, but that's not important.

You complained to the wrong party and now you're out of time. If Norton Finance were a broker, it would also be pre-regulation.
  • Rainbowgirl84
    Options
    A great many PPI policies covered the self employed so it's by no means a gimme.
  • Dan1900daf
    Options
    So not worth wasting anymore time or energy then?
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dan1900daf wrote: »
    So not worth wasting anymore time or energy then?

No. 2003 is before 2005. So, the seller doesnt have to consider the complaint.
    I have already escalated it the financial Ombudsmen
    Who should refuse to look at it as it is pre-regulation and you have complained to the wrong place.
  • sun73
    sun73 Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dan1900daf wrote: »
    So earlier this year whilst having a clear out I stumbled across some old loan documents.

In January 2003 I had a £20k loan with Endeavour Personal Finance via Norton Finance. With a £1600 premium loaded onto the loan for PPI.

At the time the loan was taken my other half (it was a joint loan) was self employed so PPI reclaim should be a clear cut case.

Norton Finance no longer exist and neither does HFC / Endeavour however they are now part of HSBC bank.

I made my PPI claim on the 4th of July well before the cut off date using the on-line form on the HSBC website specifically for HFC Bank claims. To date other than one letter from HSBC acknowledging our claim dated the 5th of September we have received no further correspondence. So we are now 7 weeks over the 8 week response time.

I have called HSBC today who tried to deny ever receiving our claim. After refusing to be fobbed off they all of a sudden found everything including our original 2003 account. They told me on the phone that the claim should be with Norton but as they no longer exist we need to go to the Financial services compensation scheme, but as this loan was dated 2003 this is also incorrect as the scheme doesn't cover this far back.

I don't want to let it go as I feel HSBC but the way they are behaving are jut hoping it will go away.

Does anyone have any advice / Tips or success stories? I have already escalated it the financial Ombudsmen but as they have such long lead times presently is there anything else I should be doing to hurry this along?

Thank you.

If you get nowhere with HSBC or the FOS you could try the underwriter of the PPI policy which may have been Hamilton Insurance now Aviva.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure