• quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 March 2017 at 2:54PM
    Options
    Ant_j wrote: »
    Good afternoon all.
    I hope I'm using the forum correctly.
    This is mainly a question to anyone familiar or who has fulfilled... Anyway.
    Via quidco there is currently a good cash back deal with VM. I was looking on VM website at the full house with movies package. Basically free sky movies for the case of full house basic package.
    Quidco state cashback available on the full house. So I just though on full house, click personalise, add movies. Monthly cost remains same, package is then call full house with movies.
    Would quidco still pay cash back on this package?
    Anyone done it?
    Ta in advance

Hi @Ant_j,

Thanks for you for your post.

You should still be eligible for that cashback rate, even if you add Sky Movies.

If you encounter any issues with that, do get in touch with our customer support and they will be able to answer any questions you have.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    Quidco Company Representative
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Ant_j
    Ant_j Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Joseph.
    It's the should bot that concerns me. If I do purchase and it isnt honored it's then far too late. Someone between Quidco and Vm team must conclusively know,surely? Thank you for replying
  • Repeat3Times
    Options
    My apologies if this is an issue that has been raised many times previously; I've had a brief look at the last few thread pages and haven't notice anything relevant.

It's something we've had to put up with for a while, but I've just had a particularly egregious experience of bait-and-switch when looking for contents insurance. Just the 50% increase from the comparison site's quotation to that offered by the retailer when I went to buy the policy...they're not even trying to hide it with minimal differences any more.

Can a Quidco rep explain why this happens, why it is allowed to happen and what, if anything, they might be able to do to stop insurance providers exploiting the site and its users in such a way?
    Options
    @Repeat3Times

Hey,

I am very sorry for any frustration that this has caused you. Unfortunately when using a comparison service insurance providers are likely to a percentage increase to the quote due to the commission they will need to pay.

There is not much that we can do about this as we don't have any influences over our merchants we simply promote what offers they have on our site and these offers are ultimately determined by them.

However if you find policy that you are interested in you should never have this issue if you buy the policy directly from them. Just go to the providers page on Quidco and click through to their site and buy the policy as you always would. This is essentially the same as buying it directly from them and they'll still give us a referral commission for the sale which will be passed to you.

Kind Regards,

James
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • zorber
    zorber Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :beer:
    Hi @zorber,

I am sorry to see that your have had this issue with the cashbacks tracking lower.

We will always make sure members are informed of lower tracking on a retailer's terms & conditions on their Quidco page so that members expect a lower amount when their cashbacks track in.

The reason for this is due to the way that a select number of retailers track their cashbacks. They'll always track at base rate and update to the correct amount once confirmed.

As with any matters handled with technology, this may not happen all the time which is why we will raise a claim whenever that happens... or raise any particular concerns with a retailer should we notice that a significant amount are not uplifting to the correct amount.

The majority of retailers on our site will track at the correct amount however, and the number of retailer that track lower are in a minority. If a cashback tracks at the wrong rate for a retailer that should track correctly; then we we are happy to chase the missing amount for you via the claims process.

For any claims you raised; definitely use the codes provided by the retailer as they will be the correct reference numbers given that all orders are handled by the retailer, rather than us.

Usually to see which claim needs raising form a large number of purchases, I'd advise checking the purchase amounts and purchase dates of the cashbacks that have already tracked to try and deduce which cashback is missing.

As regards your Avis matter: Do let us via the support ticket sytem, so we can take a further look at that for you. Retailers will not accept claims 7 weeks from the purchase date.

We do make this clear in our help pages as we want to prevent disappointment for our customers.

However, if your hire end date is within 7 week, do let us know as we can raise that for you no problem.

We are aware of the Microsoft Xbox One S deal - We are ware of that issues and are looking to get that sorted very soon across the board for all customers affected.

Kind Regards,

Joseph

Thanks the microsoft deal has now been resolved.

With the car hire i dont pick up the car till next thursday and it has been booked for 3 months.
    07 Dec 16 Avis £21.34 £1.92 Tracked
    07 Dec 16 Avis £601.80 £0.00 Tracked

As you can see 2 transaction appear! i can only query the £21.34 transaction but i cant as its been more than 7 weeks.
    The correct transaction value is the £601

Will this update to the 11% offer it showed on the day or should i cancel. Yes i would get hit with a cancellation fee but with the cashback worth £66 and the car dropping by £25 it may be worth it.
    However if the cashback will update to the correct value after the hire, i will leave it be!.
    Can you advise?
    thanks
    "Save the cheerleader - Save the world"
  • Repeat3Times
    Options
    @Repeat3Times

Hey,

I am very sorry for any frustration that this has caused you. Unfortunately when using a comparison service insurance providers are likely to a percentage increase to the quote due to the commission they will need to pay.

There is not much that we can do about this as we don't have any influences over our merchants we simply promote what offers they have on our site and these offers are ultimately determined by them.

However if you find policy that you are interested in you should never have this issue if you buy the policy directly from them. Just go to the providers page on Quidco and click through to their site and buy the policy as you always would. This is essentially the same as buying it directly from them and they'll still give us a referral commission for the sale which will be passed to you.

Kind Regards,

James

James,

The steps you advise are the very same as those I've always practiced when at the point of buying; clearing all cookies from the browser history, going to Quidco then clicking through to the retailer to buy the product or policy. Is not this the only way the cashback process will work for anyone? Or are you simply suggesting foregoing any use of a comparison website so as to not be aware of what's being offered outside Quidco, i.e. ignorance is bliss?

I understand that you have little power or incentive to combat your site being used by retailers in this way. However, given that there is always the possibility of cashback not being honoured, in this example a 50% price increase for Quidco customers, for the exact same product, seems more than a little grubby and not worth the risk (the irony!).

Thanks for your speedy reply nonetheless.
    Options
    @Repeat3Times

Hey,

I am sorry that I can't really help you further with this.

Some comparison sites will have some offers that we will not be able to match so if you find an offer on a comparison site that is cheaper than going with them directly (even when you consider the cashback) then you should of course go with the cheaper option.

We work hard to try and get the best offers for all of our members so it's always best to check us first for any purchase that you make. I am however sorry that we can not offer you anything better on this occasion.

Kind Regards,

James
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm having real trouble getting my cashback from Quidco, and I don't understand what's causing the delays. I realise the Quidco has to wait for the retailer to sort things out, but surely there's a process in place where Quidco starts chasing the retailer? This is really getting quite poor now!

I currently have £4.51 in cashback outstanding from purchases that I made in early November, with 5 different retailers. Each one gave me an estimated date for cashback around January, and now they all just say 'The retailer is taking longer than expected to process your transaction. We apologise for the delay.' I have another £9.51 in 'highest cashback' claims that is attached to these purchases, which won't be paid until the actual cashback is paid out.

I know it seems petty to get upset over such a small amount, but it's just really frustrating that I'm getting no updates, and have no idea if or when this is going to be resolved.

I also have a £0.31 highest cashback claim outstanding which says 'Your cashback will be available for payment when your purchase reaches confirmed status.' This purchase has been confirmed and I've received the main cashback, so wondering when this will get paid as well!

I appreciate there's probably not much the Quidco rep can do, but if there is something, would you get back to me? Feeling so frustrated with the whole process!
  • ex-homelessdude2
    Options
    my tickets and replies have been deleted by quidco saying you would pay me my £10 bonus if it didnt automatically get added.

can you tell me why?
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,103 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Was wondering when last payment was received from RAC Breakdown and what period did that payment cover please?

08 Dec 16RAC UK Breakdown Cover £114.99 £66.00 Tracked
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure