Is there such a package ?

Options
colinicky
colinicky Posts: 179 Forumite
First Anniversary
edited 10 January 2018 at 9:52PM in Phones & TV
Looking for a phone line & broadband package which gives free call forwarding to a mobile & fibre broadband. Don't actually need to use the phone just need the calls forwarded from that number .
Any ideas of providers that offer this ?

Sorry should have said the mobile may not be with the same provider as the landline/broadband

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Why not just give out your mobile number rather than the landline if you're never going to use the landline anyway?
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Most landline providers offer call plans with inclusive calls to landline numbers, 03 numbers and mobile numbers and therefore also offer call-forwarding to those numbers usually at no additional charge.

Your landline provider will have to pay out a termination fee of around 0.49p per minute for calls forwarded to a mobile number so will not be able to offer this for free.

Expect to pay around £8 per month for a suitable "unlimited anytime" call package.
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    Basically, what you are asking is does any company offer free calls to mobile numbers from a landline. I'm afraid the answer is no!
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Basically, what you are asking is does any company offer free calls to mobile numbers from a landline. I'm afraid the answer is no!

Not sure that is what they are asking.

NTL used to offer free call forwarding. VM charge for this.

I used to forward my landline to my mobile. Obviously I used to pick up the cost of each call, but the actual call diversion was a free service.
  • colinicky
    Options
    Why not just give out your mobile number rather than the landline if you're never going to use the landline anyway?

The landline was historically given to customers but due to circumstances there is now nobody there to answer it hence the need to forward/divert calls to the mobile.
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As explained above, you should be able to do this for about two quid per week.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    colinicky wrote: »
    The landline was historically given to customers but due to circumstances there is now nobody there to answer it hence the need to forward/divert calls to the mobile.

Port the landline number to a VoIP provider such as Sipgate Basic, then all the calls can go to voicemail (which you get by email) or to a softphone app on a smartphone (which may incur a data charge if you're not using wifi, but won't incur call forwarding charges.

You can cease the landline then, or move almost anywhere in the world, and keep your number on VoIP.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure