2»

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    lifemagic wrote: »
    Wow, hard audience.

We're no tougher an audience than the IPS complaints handler will be. S/he needs a concise list of issues with dates.
  • lifemagic
    lifemagic Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh cripes, I got it already! It should be concise. It should have just listed facts.

I wrote to the tldr myself when I posted it here and realised it was long... clearly too long, and I wanted to state how the errors were multiple and serious thus warranting the length.

But clearly I've fell flat on my face with this.

Sigh.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    lifemagic wrote: »
    Oh cripes, I got it already! It should be concise. It should have just listed facts.

I wrote to the tldr myself when I posted it here and realised it was long... clearly too long, and I wanted to state how the errors were multiple and serious thus warranting the length.

But clearly I've fell flat on my face with this.

Sigh.

Their errors were not multiple, nor serious though.

Your first complaint is them not recieving your application in 2013. Not their fault, that was a Royal Mail error for which they compensated you.

Your second complaint is them sending things to your nieces address, well as that is the address you gave them when you applied, what were they supposed to do?

Your third complaint is that they sent the passport you hadn’t applied for, they obviously finally received the application so processed it. Yes they should have noticed the 2013 date, but that could partly be your handwriting, my 5s sometimes look like 3s so it is possible they thought the 3 was a 5 and so it was in the correct year. You also say they were both at the end of the year so the day and month if the year probably matched up. Oh and 2013-2015 is two years, not 3.

Your fourth complaint/ second to Royal Mail was pointless, the letter you sent finally turned up so they delivered it, they probably didn’t have a date on the outside of the envelope to even know that it was two years old when they delivered.

Your fifth complaint, again the letter was sent to the address you gave them, if you use your nieces address you really should have something in place for her to forward things on to you, or at least for her to contact you and let you know when something addressed to you arrives.

Your sixth and so far only valid complaint is that they failed to cancel the passport issued in 2015.

Your seventh complaint, if it was processed as a domestic application then it’s because you mustakingly submitted it as a domestic application, they are done in two completely different ways so no way for them to get it mixed up their end.

Your eighth complaint about them wanting your passport back, as explained here, they can require you to send it back, if they request it you have to send it, your visa or lack of other ID is not their problem, you agree when applying that shoukd they ask for it you will send the original.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/564959/OS_Guidance_G3_10.16.pdf

So out of at least eight complaints (from what I could decipher in the rest of your life story) only one has any validity, for which they have apologised. Not really anything else they can do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure