Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 December 2017 at 12:47PM
    Options
    It occurs to me now that what I would probably have been better doing on my shop was buying a Heinz Lentil & Bacon Soup with 4 Batchelor's cup soups anyway rather than 5 Batchelor's cup soups. If the price comparison on each of the cup soups is £1.07 vs non-updated M price of 75p, then it would still work out the same price per soup:doh:. If I had bought the Heinz soup, I could simply have entered my receipt in the early hours and been guaranteed a list of £1.07 vs 75ps comparisons as the M prices would definitely not have been updated that early and, once the receipt had been checked, would have been locked in. Instead, I have put myself to waiting to attempt to make sure a.com's no mbuys are in the APG and hoping I am not too late in checking to pick up M's new £1.18 prices. The M update however has been a little tardy of late (watch this be the first time in ages they have updated very early:rotfl:) - it may still be okay if, because I shopped before the M prices were updated, it picks up the prices for M it had at that time - however all this trouble could have been simply avoided if I'd bought a Lentil & Bacon Heinz soup. Then full prices for A would have appeared in any event. Now, I still risk the A mbuy appearing if this is an exceptional case in which A's prices still haven't been updated on the APG after midday. Next time I ought to stop and think things through more carefully (like I do so often and end up then getting almost nothing ever done:rotfl: or, worse, can't make a decision at all since I have thought it too much and don't know which option to prefer) before I see no mbuys on a.com and rush out to buy something.
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    usual 3 at the top :D with a surprising surge from marmite. :p

1 bubbs 729
    2 TrulyMadly 343
    3 davemorton 338
    4 marmitelovemehateme 316
    5 mhoc 299
    6 Savvybuyer 296
    7 emerald21 235
    8 Serendipitious 197
    9 Anon 190
    10 Snap-ant 186
    11Enterprise 1701C 185
    12 curl girl 166
    13 3Dogs 155
    14 pippo 144
    15 Picasso7 136
    16 gocat 134
    17 braveheart60uk 126
    18 tweets 123
    19 Sunshinemummy 121
    20 Sarahdol75 112
    21 hampydoodums 109
    22 zippydooda 107
    23 michaels 96
    24 Claire1972 93
    25 mrsmac10 92
    Tinyshoes 90

Blinking Heck, I'm getting talkative in my old age!!
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well JTS....Let me be the first to send you a card....Wishing you a Xmas filled with as much joy and happiness for this festive season...May 2018 be your year..

2zozwxj.jpg

Can I also send you a card JTS.
    Sorry it's the same as marmies. :D

Wishing you a better 2018.

Marmite not only are you mega organised you are also very thoughtful. :A
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 December 2017 at 1:14PM
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    hopefully getting the[STRIKE] prawns[/STRIKE] scampi in waitrose that foxy mentioned. £4.45 down to £1.60

now if sa permitting i will use my ood bg card and get them down to £1.15 a bag.
    only one sa i really need to avoid on ss as he mentioned to me about how long i have left on the card. (still in date then) bet it goes wrong today and i get a deserved trouting. :o

E285025_D-_D941-4_D32-8692-3_C24_BA3_FB4_B3.jpg

Savvy I took a 14p hit oops a 12.6p hit on the parsnip compared to asda
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    Some changes in M: as you know, the Batchelor's cup a soups/slim a soups (to the extent that they have them of course - M does not have every version that A has IIRC) have gone to full price which, for M, is £1.18:eek: and not A's £1.07. A is now a fraction of a penny short of 10% cheaper than the real M price now applying in M (I don't think the chances of seeing 75p unchanged SELs in M are that great: none of my "numerous" stores, for my big collection yesterday, were showing anything but the new full M price).

There are a couple of about turns on prices that appear only to have been offered for two weeks (certainly less than half a week assuming my SEL on one of them on Monday, and m.com at that time too, was correct). The Poligrip Flavour Free 40g that I mentioned was £2.34 in M - and that does appear it was a brand new price as msm was showing the price graph dropping right at the end - it seems M didn't really want to have them at that price, unless it is now hiding the true price from me, as all stores everywhere for me had full price £2.64 SELs yesterday - and I notice m.com has now changed to that price.

On the other hand,
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Snacks & Sweets
    ASDA Cream Crackers (300g)40p 40p
    ASDA Trail Mix (200g)£1.00 £1.00
    [Strike]Cadbury Dairy Milk Classic Collection (460g)£5.00 £4.00:eek:[/Strike] £5.00 M
    Cadbury Fun Size Party Mix (35 per pack - 600g)£3.50:( £3.00
    Cadbury Medium Stocking Selection Box (194g)£2.50 £2.00:eek::eek:
    Cadbury Milk Tray Chocolates (360g)£3.00 £3.00:eek:
    [...]

I pulled the Cadbury Dairy Milk Classic Collection (460g) off the list from Monday as it definitely had gone to £5. I had a conflict in stores, one of them still showing the then old price of £4 - I thought the price had changed upwards and that the store showing £4 hadn't been quick enough to change it - I scanned the product in the "£4 SEL" store and it was £5.

However, I am now going to put the product back onto the list:mad:(:rotfl:) as a "new item", so don't buy yet, unless my earlier shop fails and picks up M £1.18 on the soups showing we are on Wednesday, as it has gone back to £4 on Wednesday. I had a few stores still showing £5, including the store that hadn't changed it last time:rotfl: - however they are running round in circles - after having too many stores showing me £4, including one fairly blatantly at the tills area, I scanned the product again and £4 last Wednesday (if my SELs were correct), £5 on Monday and now £4 on Wednesday again.

Since I have now quoted it, I may conveniently mention the Cadbury Fun Size Party Mix and in order to sound a note of caution about it. I see that it is unlikely to compare. I have kept it on the list as the APG may have a store that happens to have it somewhere, and I may be wrong in removing what really is in someone's M - I have wrongly suggested M no longer has items before that it turned out they did have (just not in stores I was previously visiting at times when I was there) - however I have lost trace of this product for some time now and can't find it anywhere. Which means that M probably still has it - blatantly and obviously as someone know doubt would be able to tell me - open your eyes Savvy, it's immediately in my M! - but I would have thought it would be pretty rare now.
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    There was definitely someone reporting earlier that they bought a freddo bar and it didn't appear on the chomp.

:rotfl::rotfl:
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I need some chocolate tubs e.g celebrations etc does anyone know of any cheeky glitches tia
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 7 December 2017 at 2:08PM
    Options
    My shop, on the Batchelor's, has worked but what a fuss that was that could have been avoided. A Heinz Lentil & Bacon would have caused no harm.

14 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda morrisons
    2x Batchelors Cup a Soup Golden Vegetable (82gr) £2.14 £1.50
    1x ASDA Smart Price Salted Peanuts (200g) £0.48 £0.48:rotfl:
    3x Candyland Black Jack Sweets (36g) £1.08 £1.14:(
    2x ASDA Farm Stores White Potatoes (2.5kg) £2.30 £2.00
    1x Ritz Bakefuls Sea Salt & Vinegar (5x19g) £1.65 £1.00
    1x Batchelors Cup a Soup Cream of Vegetable with Croutons (122g) £1.07 £0.75
    1x Walkers Prawn Cocktail Crisps (6x25g) £1.50 £1.00
    1x Barratt Refreshers Sweets (34g) £0.31 £0.32
    2x Batchelors Cup a Soup Minestrone with Croutons (94g) £2.14 £1.50
    Comparison total (compared products only) £12.67 £9.69
    +£2.98 cheaper

Triggers: Ketchup Crisps; Cadbury Buttons 14.4g BC ending 783794 (that isn't properly a trigger). No trigger needed for Batchelor's today but beware - M price is now £1.18 each.

However, what I gain with one hand I lose with the other: the Black Jacks and Refreshers have failed to pick up M's 4 for £1 mix and match on Candyland sweets:(. At least comparing from A's full price has meant the combination hasn't subtracted from the APG (except that it has in the sense it's not given what I would have got had I bought 4 Black Jacks). I can see that they have price collection stores that only have the Black Jacks and not the Refreshers, or vice versa, or have both items in some stores where they are displaying the mbuy only on one or other of them:( or the price collectors have both but have not put them into the same offer on the system or they may have put both into the same offer, correctly identifying it is a mix and match, but have been overruled as although the mix and match offer was the lowest price found (when qualified for) they have more places that show mbuys on one but not the other or which show no mbuys at all. So the risk I foresaw there has materialised:(.

On Black Jacks alone, they do pick up the mbuy (at least at the two times previously checked). They have at least equal number of stores that have the product and SELs for it (or were absent of the product very briefly but have SELs and haven't had no stock for longer than a week) that display the 4 for £1 to stores whose SELs just show the straight price. If it is equal number, then they are getting 4 for £1 purely as the "lowest price found". If it is more than that, then that is obviously the pricing that overrules anything else - and the same pricing found most often. However, some of those stores with the mbuy on Black Jacks might not have Refreshers and therefore there is no count for a mix and match between the items from any such store. This reduces the total number of stores returning mix and match pricing (if they have got a store displaying that situation at all and have picked it up) and is overruled by the stores that have straight full price on one or other of the products (the Black Jacks or the Refreshers) elsewhere. Or they may have stores with Refreshers displaying at 4 for £1 but not have the Black Jacks in those stores (or not in one or some of them, so can't get the mix and match to the numbers for the final results from there).

I think I have managed to explain what I was thinking of writing earlier but never had the time to do so now in a clearer way by using an actual example; shame it is my shop on which it has failed:(.

I did not buy any invisible trigger to the Batchelor's soups. They may work today, as the A prices have updated to a.com there is no need for a Heinz Lentil & Bacon trigger in respect of them (they appear to be being removed from the offer at midnight tonight - the offer itself is not ending today as other items are still in it on a.com). You could even try a Batchelor's cup/slim soup and the four Crosse & Blackwell soups that remain on 4 for £3 in M (and also, fwiw, in T):rotfl:. However, to get full price A on the comp., it has to involve items full price on a.com, as a visible trigger, such as the Batchelor's soups or the invisible Heinz Lentil & Bacon. Don't be trying both on the one shop:rotfl:! However, the M price for the Batchelor's soups may well increase today on the APG.

On the crisps, the usual trigger was bought. I could not find Baked Crisps Salt & Vinegar (which is Unavailable on a.com - if that really is unavailable from any A then it will not be able to bought or used as a trigger obviously but, if it is somewhere, then it may be invisible as an alternative) - I had to use Ketchup crisps instead.

My "trigger" (even though since I paid full price originally it was not that) for the sweets was Cadbury Buttons 14.4g BC ending 783794. There may be another Cadbury Buttons 14.4g that may also be an invisible item as I could not find any Cadbury Buttons 14.4g (or Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons 14.4g, whatever they want to call it) in the offer on a.com. I suspect such other version of Cadbury (Dairy Milk) Buttons 14.4g, should it exist, may pick up the mbuy on the bill instore but it will be a no-show.

As this shop was very early today, I would probably have missed the KP nuts. I did not even pick up a bag of those instore at all. However, I missed KP nuts not because the glitch was most probably over by the time I did my shop. I figured that, even after the glitch on KP that had been running yesterday - and thanks for the information:T - the SP peanuts, whilst really expensive compared to 500g Monkey Nuts on 50p RTC in M after Christmas, still work out cheaper than the KP nuts:rotfl:.

As I normally get 50p Monkey Nuts (not available at this price at present) that are 500g bags and last ages, the SP Nuts (and all the everyday-equivalents) seem to me very tiny bags in comparison and not giving very much at all for not much less than the 50p price. They are very pricey nuts, the regular everyday prices.

(At £1.03 a bag - and even then having to buy at least two and pay over on each of them - then KP nuts, after the glitch, work out at over 76p per 200g:eek:. I have obtained my SP nuts for just over 43p and therefore, in that sense, despite still paying way over the odds compared to having Monkey Nuts 500g at 50p - that really do last and I wasn't having to be buying nuts again and again and paying more, like I always seem to do with SP due to them being only 200g bags - I am still saving money compared to glitched KP nuts:money:. Thanks for the glitch - it is still very useful information and helps provide us with all options:T - I just thought "why not just buy SP Peanuts?")
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Another random N00B question from me today... APG in A Living a problem?

Need to do some Xmas shopping so figured I could spend them there maybe even pick up the likes of gift sets + smart price shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste etc. for the food bank to do a compare?
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    24775001_10212787307510161_280775051216614273_n.jpg?oh=aca08540fee3035b84f469c348894322&oe=5A92B930
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure