Big Mistake

Options
So...long story short...made a !!!! up with minimum payment on 0% purchase CC from tesco, now confused with all jargon they have been sending about it all, minimum payment has just tripled this month. (from £25 I have just now paid 78!)

What's the quickest way out? Getting a balance transfer card with another bank? Or another 0% purchase card somewhere else and use the limited time offers applicable such as the low % balance transfer for first three months etc?

I know i've been an idiot etc....:(

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Do you mean they have removed your promo?

If so, first job is to phone up and grovel. See if they reinstate it.

If not, try for another BT card. This may be difficult with a recent missed payment.

Third option is to pay it down as soon as you can.
  • Anonymouse_
    Options
    yes, no promo..Didn't think reinstating would be an option... It was the payment at start of October I forgot (not sure if that counts as Septembers payment..)..so may have left it too late

Don't have any BT card at the moment, that's what i'm not sure of what to do about..
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You'll need to apply for another BT card. But your chances are lower than they would have been, so apply wisely.
  • Tim_tothepoints_
    Options
    If you've already tried this it might seem obvious, but... if you have any other credit cards it's probably worth checking (or even contacting them) to see whether there are any other active 0% BT or MT offers. I quite often see an option when I log in to view my statements, and have also been offered a 0% BT when I called my credit card provider about something else - so if you have more than one card you might already have another option.
    {We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team}
  • jimbo26
    jimbo26 Posts: 954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A bit late now for the advice, but in future set up a DD and you won't have this problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure