IVA timescale for completion certificate

Options
Just finished paying off my final payment of IVA (Phew) lasted total of 6 years 6 months with APERTURE. My final income expenditure review was completed this week and i made the final payment towards my closure.
The adviser on the phone told me that the closure will take 3-6 Months, i cant really wait to get it closed asap, i am sure the standard to get closure certificate is 4-6 weeks max. I really hope they dont take more than 3-6 months as i was reading some old reviews about aperture on the forums that some time they take more than 6 months in the past, thats mad. i really hope this dosnt happen to me as i am looking to get on property ladder after 7 years of wait with my new wife.
Is there any advise for me or has anyone had there closure certificate from aperture within 3-6 months ? recently in year 2018
thanks

Has anyone had aperture certificate within 3 months of IVA final payment 1 vote

In 3 months
100% 1 vote
in 3-4 months
0% 0 votes
in 5-6 months
0% 0 votes
More than 6 months
0% 0 votes

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,885 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,

My certificate of completion took 14 months to arrive due to PPI issues.
    You will be underwhelmed when you receive it, it’s a simple side of A4 paper with about a dozen words on it, to the effect that, you have successfully completed your IVA.

You don’t need to wait for this, it makes no difference to when the IVA drops off your credit file, in fact it should of gone from yours 6 months ago now.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • happy_singh18
    Options
    Thanks you for your reply.
    I checked my credit report on call credit last week and it shows IVA still active, I guess it goes after completion certificate.
    14months is very long time, were you with Aperture?
  • Craig1981
    Craig1981 Posts: 769 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    the IVA will drop off from your credit file a couple months after completion, once the IP has let them know you have completed
    i received my certificate (a two line sentence!!) withing a few weeks after my last payment, as i signed a waiver regarding any other PPI claims ongoing - i was with Aperture as well

email them asking for the PPI waiver, and take it form there.
  • happy_singh18
    happy_singh18 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 1 November 2018 at 11:19AM
    Options
    Thanks Craig, i asked Aperture team advisor on PPI waiver form but he said these days you dont need to do it as PPI dont hold up the closure process.
    He assured me that my closure process is going smoothly and will be done by earlier next year.
    Bring on 2019! i cant wait
  • PrettyKittyKat
    Options
    In my experience the closure certificates were the least priority, although there was still a timescale expectation the consequences of exceeding it weren't as drastic as the annual reports, nor affecting the running of the IVA like variation reports.

I would suggest waiting a few weeks and calling again to see if you can get an update. Be nice to the adviser and ask if there is anyway the IP could take a look at it for you as you are hoping to move home and really need it to tidy up your IVA. Worth a try!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure