New Barclays app feature to show your accounts with seven other banks - MSE News

Options
2»

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    The MSE forum admins don't like it when other people beat them to new stories. They nearly always start a new thread about something even if one is already going and has had lots of replies.

Things only exist once MSE has received a press release!
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    It has now come live on my Barclays app on Android I decided to test it out

so the first thing it does is give you a list of Banks and I chose Lloyds as I have an account there

you are then put through to Lloyds and have to sign in using your user ID password and 3 digits of your memorable information as normal

there were then a couple of terms of condition boxes to tick and then the Lloyds account appears on the Barclays app

if you touch the icon it shows you your Lloyds transactions in the same way as it shows your Barclays transactions

it was very hassle-free and seems to work perfectly
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jonnygee2 wrote: »
    There are loads of apps that do this. Yolt is my favourite, but there's also Emma and Money Dashboard..

And HSBC's Connected Money:

https://webforms.hsbc.co.uk/ConnectedMoney/
  • Josekadams
    Options
    OK Thank you
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    EarthBoy wrote: »

Only works on an iPhone currently
  • davethorp
    davethorp Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow this is something entirely new and we must bow down to Barclays for their glory in introducing this

Or its a symptom of open banking which provides API access to your accounts and a number of other banks have beaten Barclays to the punch to implement

HSBC for one as another poster posted, Yorkshire Bank/B for another
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The concept is nothing new at all. I have used similar services for well over a decade. EggMoney was the first one who did it, First Direct has been doing it for donkey's years, too. Plus several other services. All of them do a lot more than 7 other banks. All that's new recently is a more modern technological approach to it, and more formal permission in the T&Cs.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    The concept is nothing new at all. I have used similar services for well over a decade. EggMoney was the first one who did it, First Direct has been doing it for donkey's years, too. Plus several other services. All of them do a lot more than 7 other banks. All that's new recently is a more modern technological approach to it, and more formal permission in the T&Cs.
    I think you may have missed the invisible sarcasm smiley. :)
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think you may have missed the invisible sarcasm smiley. :)
    Yeah I did indeed - - although I think it was worth mentioning that it's not some recent development but something that many of us benefitted from for over a decade.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    Things only exist once MSE has received a press release!

Yes, I've noticed how they love to 'reveal' news tabloid style, when often the info is taken from the businesses press release or website. It's not some sort of 'scoop' and often can be found in these forums.

Has always seemed rather rude / ignorant (take your pick!) to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure