Galsses Isse

Options
Sorry - GLASSES ISSUE!

My mum went to Specsavers 9 months ago for new glasses. At the time she had considerable difficulty getting used to the new pair (they even gave her 2 eye tests to check her prescription was right).

She had previously had varifocals and not got on with them at all so has moved to single vision pairs - this pair she has is distance (I think).

The conclusion by the optician and dispenser was that it could take her a considerable about of time to get used to the glasses. She bought the glasses for about £180 under the 2 for 1 scheme and the optician and dispenser did not want to dispense her second pair (readers probably) until she had got used to the first pair. At the time they said that she may need to go to a speciaist optician with a wider range of lenses (in which case they woudl refund the price of the glasses) or that she may need a doctor's referral due to the problems with her eyes. they advices a minimum of 6 motnhs to get used to the glasses.

She has battled on with these glasses for nine months (the one pair of distance glasses) and her vision is no better.

She went into the store yesterday morning and in short was told:
  • to go away
  • we never said any of this
  • you can't have your money back or a doctors note or a referral note for another optician
  • you can't even have your second pair (not that she want them until she has had her eye problems sorted out!)
They won't let her speak to the original optician or dispenser. Yesterday she was promised a return phone call in the afternoon. She never got one.

She has gone into the store today and the person she saw yesterday has told her that she will speak to the Store Director and ring her by 3pm. But I'm not convinced and my mum is now in tears (she is of a nervous disposition at the best of time and has severe IBS so you can imagine how stressed she is by all this).

When she spoke to the store assistant yesterday and said I just want to be able to see, to which the the store assistant said "we don't have the glasses that can help you do that".

I'm not sure what to do next - she's in a terrible state and very upset and I feel she is being fobbed off. What started as good customer service has gone downhill unbelievably. hse's paid out for glasses adn can't see and they don't seem to care.

Comments

• Ballymackeonan
    Options
    A friend had trouble with Specsavers glasses a while back - turned out they'd fitted two left eyes! She had them checked out by another optician. Could your mother do this? If the shop could not supply suitable glasses for her condition, they should surely have said so at the first consultation!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure