Wireless Optical Mouse that lasts only for 3-4 days

Options
I bought a wireless optical mouse from eBay all went well and I thought I got a good bargain. But since using the mouse, I have quickly learnt that the battery life only last about 3-4 days.

So I bought a few packs of Duracell and Energizer batteries, and thought that would solve the problem. But so far I have used about 10 batteries since buying the item a month ago. Im sure that a wireless mouse like this should last more than 3-4 days! ( I use the mouse on normal working hours, but even though. I dont think that should make a difference). So far I have spent more on batteries than the mouse itself!

So I have emailed the ebay seller, and they seem to be telling me that there is nothing wrong with the mouse and it is the batteries fault. I told them that I would gladly send the mouse back in order for them to test it themselves and I just want a refund, but they don't seem to want to do that and are avoiding my emails.

Please advice on what I can do. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Brooker_Dave
    Brooker_Dave Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    Options
    pinoyadobo wrote: »
    I bought a wireless optical mouse from eBay all went well and I thought I got a good bargain. But since using the mouse, I have quickly learnt that the battery life only last about 3-4 days.

So I bought a few packs of Duracell and Energizer batteries, and thought that would solve the problem. But so far I have used about 10 batteries since buying the item a month ago. Im sure that a wireless mouse like this should last more than 3-4 days! ( I use the mouse on normal working hours, but even though. I dont think that should make a difference). So far I have spent more on batteries than the mouse itself!

So I have emailed the ebay seller, and they seem to be telling me that there is nothing wrong with the mouse and it is the batteries fault. I told them that I would gladly send the mouse back in order for them to test it themselves and I just want a refund, but they don't seem to want to do that and are avoiding my emails.

Please advice on what I can do. Thanks in advance

Consider rechargables.
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • Mark_Hewitt
    Mark_Hewitt Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    Options
    Consider rechargables.

Absolutely. Especially those with 2,000mAh or more. They will last MASSIVELY longer than even the best claims for the likes of Duracell.

Take my digital camera for example, even on Duracell Ultra's will take only about 40 photos before giving up, but with rechargeables it's more like 200+
  • loracan1
    loracan1 Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got a wireless keyboard and mouse last year - changed the batteries in the mouse about 3 times in as many weeks before I gave that up. The keyboard, 9 months later is still on the same set of batteries.
  • Enfieldian
    Enfieldian Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DOes the mouse go into "standby" mode when not in use?

I have one from PC World and when it is not in use the red light underneath goes out until the mouse is picked up again.

Could this be the problem?

If so it may be a design fault.
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mine goes on standby but using rechargeable's only last a few days but Duracell go on for months which i use now .
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
  • sinstar
    sinstar Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    I can't see what brand or model the mouse is from the Ebay listing, but if I were you what I would do is Google it and read some reviews, if there are a lot of people with the same problem as you it is more likely the mouse, if not is is most likely the batteries.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    We have the same mouse my daughters uses it, the batteries in ours seem to last quite a while but its not used everyday, if its not in use plug the USB dongle back in and it turns it off saving power, if its left out it stays on HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure