Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • deker
    • By deker 16th Oct 19, 2:04 PM
    • 69Posts
    • 12Thanks
    deker
    MSE an indepentdent broker?
    • 16th Oct 19, 2:04 PM
    MSE an indepentdent broker? 16th Oct 19 at 2:04 PM
    If I sign up to an energy deal via MSE is my contract with the energy supplier or MSE?
    Last edited by deker; 16-10-2019 at 2:31 PM. Reason: "contract" not "deal"
Page 1
    • MSE Holly
    • By MSE Holly 17th Oct 19, 9:22 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MSE Holly
    • 17th Oct 19, 9:22 AM
    • 17th Oct 19, 9:22 AM
    Hi deker, when you use Cheap Energy Club, your energy contract is with the supplier directly. Our FAQ on how switching works should be helpful to explain what actually happens during the switch - https://help.cheapenergyclub.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000347267-How-does-energy-switching-work-
    • deker
    • By deker 17th Oct 19, 3:02 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    deker
    • 17th Oct 19, 3:02 PM
    • 17th Oct 19, 3:02 PM
    Hi Holly, thanks for your answer. I have just switched to ScottishPower via MSE on the "Super Saver September 2020 B3" tariff. I am totally against smart meters and would have avoided any deal that mentioned them. So you can imagine my surprise yesterday, 6 days after the cooling off period, getting an email informing me that the deal requires smart meters and to arrange an installation date. I phoned ScottishPower immediately and was told that it's not their deal it's the the brokers deal, MSE, and that MSE should have made it clear smart meters are required. So who is right and what do I do now? I have screen shots of the deal presented by MSE including the Filters section and there is no mention of smart meters.
    • MSE Holly
    • By MSE Holly 18th Oct 19, 8:36 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MSE Holly
    • 18th Oct 19, 8:36 AM
    • 18th Oct 19, 8:36 AM
    Hi deker, I've checked our information on that tariff and can see that we had a note flagging the smart meter requirements in the 'tariff info' section of the results - "You'll need smart meters (one for gas, one for electricity) to get this deal - unless they can't be fitted for technical reasons. If you don't have them already, Scottish Power will install them for free and you won't need to give meter readings in future.". Could you email the team at energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com with your screenshots and we'll check this out for you.
    • deker
    • By deker 18th Oct 19, 9:30 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    deker
    • 18th Oct 19, 9:30 AM
    • 18th Oct 19, 9:30 AM
    Thanks Holly, email sent.
    • deker
    • By deker 18th Oct 19, 11:07 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    deker
    • 18th Oct 19, 11:07 AM
    • 18th Oct 19, 11:07 AM
    Could you tell me if MSE acknowledge that smart meters are a contentious issue?
    • deker
    • By deker 21st Oct 19, 12:45 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    deker
    • 21st Oct 19, 12:45 PM
    • 21st Oct 19, 12:45 PM
    I have had no response from MSE to any emails yet and have emailed you again today.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

95Posts Today

2,237Users online

Martin's Twitter