PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Super Scrimpers

Options

Comments

• Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OH said to me "don't even think about trying the bath thing, I don't want you smelling like a cake"! ......he kept referring to her as cake-girl throughout the program.

Most of it was a re-hash of old programs. I did like the hearts though, but the hair band? It would have been better if she'd stuck a few sequins on the ribbon instead of a a small gold gift box.

As for punch? Probably your best bet would be get a vodka based cocktail from home bargains/B&M they do large bottles for 1.99 and chop up some fruit in to it and some ice cubes. Its the only way I could think it could be done so cheaply. i.e. 2 bottles, some fruit and lots of ice but I don't think it would go round 20 people.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • shelley_crow
    Options
    I almost had a heart attack when that woman took scissors to a book. Definitely won't be trying that one.

The game pie looked horrible. Of course, one tends not to have excess game birds on one's grounds in these parts.
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    Aw guys! you've spoilt my viewing plans for this morning! Was gonna watch it on 4od.
    Won't bother now if anyone cares to share the potato recipe mentioned above.... pretty please?
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I almost had a heart attack when that woman took scissors to a book. Definitely won't be trying that one.

The game pie looked horrible. Of course, one tends not to have excess game birds on one's grounds in these parts.

I can just see next week's news. "Person charged for shooting Feral Pidgeons in city area claims Superscrimpers defence"!
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    further to the mini baked pots....i assume the potatoes are rubbed with a tablespoon of oil/salt/pepper then baked...maybe half an hour then split and a spoonful of sour cream in the gap and then sprinkled with chopped chives

thats how i am going to do it...i will report back when i have tried it
    onwards and upwards
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    When are Channel Four going to realise what a great opportunity they are missing by putting this drivel on We are going through a massive recession in the UK and if they put a sensible programme on with decent tips they would get a huge audience .I would quite like to whack that soppy daft women in the silly hat with a custard pie, even if it meant wasting one it would be soooo worth it .Its her patronising tone that really grates on my ears and the silly bloody tips that are supposed to be money saving.
    Best idea is for Channel Four to save some money and get shot of her
  • LutonGirl
    Options
    I had to laugh at Lady PoshBird with her second hand fur coat and her top Xmas tips - use game from your grounds for a pie and a Christmas tree from the estate. I'm sure my local council will be thrilled when I start taking a tree from the estate...
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    LutonGirl wrote: »
    I had to laugh at Lady PoshBird with her second hand fur coat and her top Xmas tips - use game from your grounds for a pie and a Christmas tree from the estate. I'm sure my local council will be thrilled when I start taking a tree from the estate...

Thanks! I needed a giggle. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    When are Channel Four going to realise what a great opportunity they are missing by putting this drivel on We are going through a massive recession in the UK and if they put a sensible programme on with decent tips they would get a huge audience .I would quite like to whack that soppy daft women in the silly hat with a custard pie, even if it meant wasting one it would be soooo worth it .Its her patronising tone that really grates on my ears and the silly bloody tips that are supposed to be money saving.
    Best idea is for Channel Four to save some money and get shot of her

i couldnt agree more...watching the silly mare fawning over her lady ship was a sorry sight to see...i was puzzled as well by the grand statements on the pie....store cupboard ingredients arent free unless shop lifted which i wouldnt agree with
    onwards and upwards
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    When they said that dress cost £250 and worked out at $5 per wearing I laughed!:rotfl:
    I too love designer clothes, but I buy mine on Ebay! I bought a beautiful Condici dress and jacket, Jacques Vert hat, shoes and bag for my daughter's wedding two years ago. The dress and jacket were £25 instead of £400 and the hat, shoes and bag were £15 instead of £300:eek:
    You just need to be savvy!

Hated the cereal box necklace and the heart decorations too. Waste of time watching it.
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure