Help me choose a Global Fund?

Options
13»

Comments

• twotonealex
    Options
  • bluefukurou
    Options
    Following many of your contributions to my previous thread, where I looked to gain opinions on whether I should reduce my Fever Tree holding, it was kindly pointed out that even though my intentions were in a good place, I was stupid to spread around £3500 (not including fever tree) across multiple tech, asia & emerging markets funds, based on the size of the amounts and the cost of the fees!

From reading various threads, and a few suggestions, I'm looking at consolidating these funds (now I've requested the sale via HL) into a Global Fund, equity was suggested.
    Aren’t forums like this great? You ask a few questions, post your thoughts and ideas, and get your theories blown out of the water, but ultimately, if you listen to the wise, get valuable and free advice.
  • twotonealex
    Options
    Aren!!!8217;t forums like this great? You ask a few questions, post your thoughts and ideas, and get your theories blown out of the water, but ultimately, if you listen to the wise, get valuable and free advice.

Amen!
    I've now invested in one of the funds mentioned earlier, and feel a lot more content. My overall SIPP balance is very small.

A previous pension I had through an ex-employer ran by Aviva was terrible! The employer contributions were rubbish, as were mine as the pay was far from good. Over a 2 year period, the total contributions were just shy of £3K, the fund grew by £13!

I know with pensions it's the long game that we all play, but it made me realise how terrible my pension actually was! The pre-selected funds were so tame I might as well have stored it in a current account (from a growth standpoint, not tax!).

In a year, at the point of selling my numerous funds, It worked out that I was 41% up from my original investments. Yes, lots of luck, a good tip off from an IFA, and a particularly buoyant market made this possible, but this SIPP is to play most likely a small part in bridging the 10 year gap I anticipate between 55 and when I can draw my CS Alpha pension. It's more of a hobby, and to see how well I can grow this without relinquishing control to a 3rd party pension provider.

Thanks everyone for their inputs! :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport