Options
1235»

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spendless wrote: »
    Before splashing out of Liz Earle for my 15yo, I decided a last attempt at something cheaper and got a starter pack of Clean and Clear. It was £6, but it must have been on offer because it's a bit dearer now. Within days her skin had cleared a lot. We went on hol last week, taking the stuff with us. Yesterday I noticed she'd had a break out again and asked if she'd not been using her stuff. She hadn't, partly because some wasn't unpacked, partly because she'd finished the product. I've bought her some more stuff now as it def works on her.

Which is why I said in my first post there were others out there but this is the one I always go back to
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 June 2018 at 12:47PM
    Options
    I've been using Wilko "skin therapy" wipes - an all in one wipe which does the job brilliantly for me and is only 50p a pack :)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • BigHead
    BigHead Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    "Makeup eraser cloth" works great!!! It is not a gimmick. I thought it was so bogus until I actually took a chance and bought one and they work great! Down side is they are a bit expensive $20 or so, but it lasts for a very long time and they are washable.

Farmhouse Fresh Green Tea Milk Wash works really well after using the cloth. It makes my skin feel very clean. Farm House Fresh is an organic line that uses like 99.5% organic materials and they donate some of the proceeds to animals they rescue :)
  • sarah69696pink
    Options
    Not cheap but I'm a huge Eve Lom fan, I stock up when on sale etc.
    Melts away make up and is gentle on my skin. I live in a city and really notice the dirt and grime it gets off my skin compared to others.
  • tizerbelle
    tizerbelle Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm an Elemis convert - will happily switch between the Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm, Micellar Water and the Cleansing Oil depending on how I feel. Usually just buy from QVC as it's much cheaper (and can return if no good for you) but occasionally buy direct from Elemis if they have a special offer going that is of use to me and because the orders are packaged really nicely so it feels like a real treat when you receive it.
  • pegginout
    pegginout Posts: 993 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cetaphil is great for me.
    I also like the Garner cleansing oil, gets everything off in the shower, no cotton wool needed
    :money: Martin Lewis Rocks!:money:
  • Emmala
    Emmala Posts: 428 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Another vote for Liz Earle from me, although recently I've switched to the Rose and lavender version as I find it more gentle on my sensitive skin than the original C&P. I also love the Elemis cleansing balm but that's a bit pricey to use all the time.

I also like Dove soap sometimes, or Nivea sensitive cleanser if I'm not feeling flush enough to buy the Liz Earle, but in all honesty I can spend as much on lots of cheap cleansers trying to find one I like as much so it's a false economy in the long run.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,278 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    sleepymans wrote: »
    I use the big economy cleansing wipes sold in Primark!!
    I bin the cloths rather than flushing them, of course.
    Find them as effective as anything.\I don't use micellar as it has environmental disbenefits

I don't use wipes for that reason - I use muslin cloths that go in the wash.

Have to add that I have recently spotted my teenage cleanser in Bodycare - Anne French :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Ljno
    Ljno Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    I use Hylamide
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing