Roofing repairs

Options
Hi, I’ve been quoted £650 for my chimney stack to be repaired. It needs new lead and reprinting in places. I live in a terraced house and the lead needed would be about a metre or so. Then it needs repainted and capping off. I thought the price a bit much.

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Get another couple of quotes
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • maisie_cat
    maisie_cat Posts: 2,068 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Post
    Options
    I paid £160 a few weeks ago for chimney repointing although I already had a tower up for access.
    The thing that tends to push up the price of roof repairs & other high work is scaffolding, does the quote include that as well?
  • Judithemy
    Options
    Hi, I assume it includes scaffolding but even so...
  • docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    Can you take a picture from the ground.
  • ratrace
    ratrace Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 July 2018 at 9:07PM
    Options
    if you can do the work your self ie: diy type person you could hire a cherry picker for a day i thinks its about £150 with the chap who owns it and buy the things you need to do the job, ask a mate or a relative to give you a hand and get it done

if you cant then im afriad you will have to get a few quotes and just get it done

s-l1600.jpg
    People are caught up in an egotistic artificial rat race to display a false image to society. We want the biggest house, fanciest car, and we don't mind paying the sky high mortgage to put up that show. We sacrifice our biggest assets our health and time, We feel happy when we see people look up to us and see how successful we are”

Rat Race
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport