Cat Ballou

Options
[B]I was wondering if anyone has any tips on what to use to keep cats from doing their business all over my garden?

I have always had cats using my garden as a thoroughfare but never a toilet. But now i have 3 new kittens and i think the big cats are trying to show them that they were there first so they are doing number 2's all over the lawn and in the soil where i have things growing. They aren't burying and are leaving it to the elements.

I have a 2 year old daughter who loves being in the garden so i want something that will deter these dirty felines but is child-friendly - does anyone have and OS tips to help me?
: :mad: ]:

Comments

• BWZN93
    BWZN93 Posts: 2,182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know that lion poo is supposed to be effective at keeping cats away, although having kids might strike that one out.

A cleaner and safer alternative is available from garden centres, and it is a pellet form of lion poo smell, im not sure of the cost but I hear its effective!

HTH

Jo xx
    #KiamaHouse
  • carnet
    carnet Posts: 501 Forumite
    Options
    http://pss.uvm.edu/ppp/articles/cats.htm

BTW, why does your font have to be set so LARGE :confused: ?
  • moran73
    moran73 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the link - its giving me some ideas already - sorry about the font - was experimenting and got carried away - i hope no-one thinks i was shouting
  • se999
    se999 Posts: 2,409 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I used Coco mulch, apparently they don't like the texture or the smell, also saves watering too much in the summer!. Also clean up any mess and use something to mask the smell else they come back. I also in places used prickly prunings from plants, but you can't do that with a toddler.

There was a thread with ideas a few days ago:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=80667

Edit - Just spotted the bit about the lawn!! Never had a problem there, only suggestion is thorough clean up and smell masking, and scare them away every time you see a cat in the garden.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure