TSB Classic Pluce contactless cashback

Options
UKSBD
UKSBD Posts: 797 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 5 October 2017 at 7:29PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
I used to get £5 a month cashback if I spent £100 a month using my TSB contactless card.

Have they stopped paying this?

Edit: just read that it stopped at start of this year :-(

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    UKSBD wrote: »
    I used to get £5 a month cashback if I spent £100 a month using my TSB contactless card.

Have they stopped paying this?

Edit: just read that it stopped at start of this year :-(

For some it ended on 30th September 2017.
  • Don80
    Don80 Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 October 2017 at 11:43AM
    Options
    Hi, yes, this is limited. I have a TSB account and I stopped getting this last year! Which is ironic given that their adverts imply that they don't put nice things in front of you to take away again!

That means as a customer for 4 years, the only "plus" I really get is the 3% interest, which is ironically beaten by the Bank of Scotland at 2% by the time I get the cashback on my debit card spending, and my Halifax account which I use to pay bills which gives me a flat £3 a month. So I am going to switch the TSB account to nab cash as part of a switch.
  • PeterinScotland
    Options
    Don80 wrote: »
    That means as a customer for 4 years, the only "plus" I really get is the 3% interest, which is ironically beaten by the Bank of Scotland at 2% by the time I get the cashback on my debit card Spending

How do you get cashback? The only thing I can see is "Everyday Offers" which are all for companies I have no use for. And I can't seem to get "Vantage" on my "Current Account" (which is not a "Classic" and apparently can't be upgraded to one).
  • Don80
    Don80 Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How do you get cashback? The only thing I can see is "Everyday Offers" which are all for companies I have no use for. And I can't seem to get "Vantage" on my "Current Account" (which is not a "Classic" and apparently can't be upgraded to one).

Hi

The cashback is through everyday offers, I have the classic account with vantage. I'm getting offers for Morrisons (7%), Primark (5%), Q-Park (10%), Just Eat (5%), etc, so I'm doing well. :D You need to activate the offers you want to use, don't just activate everything! This should lead to tailored offers (I was told this by someone who works for the bank). You can do that in internet banking or in the app. They also look at where you use your debit card.

What account do you have?

The bank says "Vantage is our free add-on for Classic and Platinum accounts that pays you 2% AER (1.98% gross) variable on balances of £1 - £5,000. Vantage can also be added to existing Bank of Scotland Silver, Gold, and Premier accounts."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure