Should I make a claim?

Options
What ho one and all,

Like everyone, I am inundated with PPI claim information (phone calls, text messages, e-mail and post).

My problem is, I don't know if I every had any PPI or want these 'strangers' to have all the information about my cards and myself.

I have only ever had one mortgage which was a plain vanilla repayment and was repaid around 10 years ago. I don't know if I was offered PPI at the time, and don't recall if I accepted, but I believe I did not.

My credit cards are of the no-fee variety and virtually never used. If / when I do use them, I always pay it fully at the correct time.

So I am uncertain what I have to gain from a PPI inquiry, but it seems the 'industry' wants to hear from me.

Should I should I not? Is it basically some kind of scam that makes the refund services rich? But if I am entitled to a refund, then I'm in.

Thanks and toodle-oo

Rex

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's simple. If you believe you had PPI and were missing sold, send your complaint to the lender.

If you don't, don't.

From what you've said, you fall into the second category.

Either way, never use a claims company.
  • Rekusu
    Rekusu Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, that is pretty much what I feel too.

Having received a 'nice' letter form the Consumer Refund Service yesterday, I decided to check with MSE. Followed the link to do a DIY check but gave up when the questions wanted to know all about my credit cards, mortage ref, etc. In this day, when we are warned about on-line security, I figured that I was giving way too much information.

I will let it drop as I don't think I have been mis-sold anything.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The resolver website is the recommended tool as MSE makes money from it, you can give the data direct to a lender (or just ring them up and ask them)?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure