Scammed from TSB

Options

Comments

• Regan55
    Regan55 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    The OP has also implied that the son is a serving member of the armed forces. This obviously raises additional concerns beyond internet banking fraud. Has he reported the SIM card substitution to his chain of command?

So what additional concerns would that be???

But in answer to that......yes he has told them.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It all seems too convenient.

They knew he was on Vodafone.
    They knew his phone number.
    They knew who he banked with.
    They knew senstive and secure login details for said bank.
    They knew he had money in his accounts.

Get the picture now?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks for the article on a US website.

Still doesn't answer my points made above
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There is, definitely, more to this than we are getting from the OP. But I think the problem, possibly, lies in the info father is getting from son. If it was the person who had actually been scammed who was telling us this tale of woe, we might have a chance of getting a better idea of exactly what transpired.
    OP, I hope you are not too disillusioned with the way the thread has gone to stop you informing us of the conclusion to this saga. I, for one, would be very interested in knowing how it pans out.
    Only a full story, from beginning to end, helps us to understand the mechanics of these scams, and gives us the knowledge to help others in future.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hadn't heard of this before either.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,706.18
  • Regan55
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    Thanks for the article on a US website.

Still doesn't answer my points made above

I honestly wish I knew.........I just don’t know. I really hope my lad hasn’t been that daft, but I can’t tell you.

As for priming for a future scam........what a absolute !!!9994;!!!128166;

Read this then Gary........

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/apr/16/sim-swap-fraud-mobile-banking-fraudsters
  • Regan55
    Options
    There is, definitely, more to this than we are getting from the OP. But I think the problem, possibly, lies in the info father is getting from son. If it was the person who had actually been scammed who was telling us this tale of woe, we might have a chance of getting a better idea of exactly what transpired.
    OP, I hope you are not too disillusioned with the way the thread has gone to stop you informing us of the conclusion to this saga. I, for one, would be very interested in knowing how it pans out.
    Only a full story, from beginning to end, helps us to understand the mechanics of these scams, and gives us the knowledge to help others in future.

I came in here hoping for some help as I’m not in anyway, shape or form techno savvy........I struggle with the TV remote, but to be, basically called a liar, or priming for a potential scam by a few monumental !!!!!!!s, that sucks.

I wish I understood how these things work. I don’t know if my son has let slip any info, I’m only his father, and he probably wouldn’t tell me anyway.......but he says he hasn’t. (But he is a bit daft sometimes)

I don’t need this stress about this........or the !!!! I’m getting in here.

So like I said........if you don’t believe what I’m saying.......then just jog on
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Another vague article that doesn't explain how they knew who he banked with, passcodes, passwords, phrases etc.

When you reset a banking login they usually do it via email or post.
  • Regan55
    edited 17 May 2018 at 12:04AM
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    Another vague article that doesn't explain how they knew who he banked with, passcodes, passwords, phrases etc.

When you reset a banking login they usually do it via email or post.

I!!!8217;d love to be a smart !!!! like you Gary. Hey ho.

Just google it. !!!55357;!!!56900;
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport