IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Please clarify route to now take with PCN

Options
10_66
10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
edited 25 February 2018 at 10:36AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Please don't shoot me down for starting a thread. I've read the Newbies thread, checked the BMPA website, and have searched for Corporate Services Parking Management (cspmparking.co.uk - a BPA member) on this forum. Unfortunately I emailed an appeal to Corporate Services Parking Management the same day the Parking Charge Notice was received (not on day 26), because I didn't think of reading here first.

My car was parked and a ticket was bought, but on returning to the car a PCN was attached to the windscreen. The car park ticket was not to be seen, it must've been dislodged from dashboard on closing the car door. The keeper normally checks tickets are visible, but was distracted at the time of leaving the car. Unfortunately, in my email, to emphasise the fact the car had been parked correctly, I mentioned that I'd removed my car from their car park within the bought ticket time frame of two hours (which presumably, they will take as an admission that I was driving - actually I wasn't driving anyway, someone else was).

So, please, do I still follow the POPLA route, if, as I realise is probable, my informal appeal to Corporate Services Parking Management is rejected? And if so, and if POPLA's formal appeal is rejected, do I still ignore payment and bailiff demands?

The sign on the car park states it is private land

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

Assuming you didn't do so in your appeal then you need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

Wait till the outcome of your appeal before you can do a popla appeal.

Post your draft appeal for comments before sending it

You need to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum which covers the entire process from start to court hearings
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Await their rejection of your initial appeal, then appeal to POPLA (NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3).

Totally benign operator in terms of litigation.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Corporate_Services_Hereford.html

Concerns about 'bailiffs' totally without substance.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Options
    As above, edit your post to remove information about who was driving. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people.

Yes of course you follow the PoPLA route.

Yes you ignore payment demands.

What bailiffs? How did they get in on the scene if you haven't been to court, lost, been ordered by a court to pay, and failed to pay in the prescribed time?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 24 February 2018 at 10:25PM
    Options
    The sign on the car park states it is private land
    All non-Council land is 'private land'. Your local Tesco, GPs surgery, your garden is 'private land' and it has no special meaning. No idea why people think it means anything.

To be clear, I am not saying drivers can use any land, carte blanche. Far from it -
    that's not what we do here on this forum.

It's the phrase 'private land' that annoys me as it means nowt, but PPCs use it on signs and people think it's something special. So what, a sign was up?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • 10_66
    edited 25 February 2018 at 9:23AM
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

Assuming you didn't do so in your appeal then you need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

Thank you for your replies. As mentioned in my first post, unfortunately, I didn't think of coming here before I sent the informal appeal to them. In my email, I didn't say I was the driver, but I did say I'd removed my car from the car park within the bought ticket time frame of 2 hours, so they may assume from that that I was driving it (which I wasn't, someone else was).

You need to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum which covers the entire process from start to court hearings

I have read the Newbies thread, but, because I'd already sent the informal appeal email to them on the same day, and hadn't waited until day 26 (because I didn't know better at the time of sending), I don't understand whether that affects the Notice To Keeper info in the "Appealing a private PCN" in post#1 of the Newbies thread. I'm sorry, I just find it all a bit confusing.

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Options
    10_66 wrote: »
    Thank you for your replies. As mentioned in my first post, unfortunately, I didn't think of coming here before I sent the informal appeal to them. In my email, I didn't say I was the driver, but I did say I'd removed my car from the car park within the bought ticket time frame of 2 hours, so they may assume from that that I was driving it (which I wasn't, someone else was).

I have read the Newbies thread, but, because I'd already sent the informal appeal email to them on the same day, and hadn't waited until day 26 (because I didn't know better at the time of sending), I don't understand whether that affects the Notice To Keeper info in the "Appealing a private PCN" in post#1 of the Newbies thread. I'm sorry, I just find it all a bit confusing.

All you have done is appealed a bit earlier than we would normally advise. It's no big deal.

If/when the scammers reject it, you construct a PoPLA appeal and post your draft here for checking. Use all the template appeal points available to you from post 3 of NEWBIES.

You might want to edit your initial post to clarify that you were not driving. Parking scammers monitor these fora. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • 10_66
    Options
    Thank you for your reply Fruitcake, much appreciated. Actually, I couldn't drive at the time anyway as I'd been given dilating eye drops following a visit to an eye surgeon.
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    In your popla appeal you wil,need to make it absolutely crystal clear you were not the driver and could,not drive due to an eye condition.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    10_66 wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply Fruitcake, much appreciated. Actually, I couldn't drive at the time anyway as I'd been given dilating eye drops following a visit to an eye surgeon.
    That does contradict what you already posted you admitted in your initial appeal (and in your OP and #6!)
  • 10_66
    Options
    That does contradict what you already posted you admitted in your initial appeal (and in your OP and #6!)

No, I have not contradicted what I posted. I said in my original post that I emailed them saying that I had removed the car within the ticket time limit of 2 hours (to emphasise the car had been parked correctly). The wording in my email was loose, as I did not appreciate the relevance of who was and wasn't driving at the time. I said, in my original post, that they may have interpreted “I had removed the car”, to mean that I was driving the car, when I had not been driving the car. Why would I have said I'd done something that I had not done, or that I had not done something that I had? I could not drive to the car park or away from the car park at the time as I had just left an eye surgeon who had given me dilating eye drops!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure