IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

incomplete address on PCN

Options
blobbywall
blobbywall Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 16 October 2018 at 6:45PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
HELP !!

I parked recently at end of an industrial estate road near a rail station - as had others who had parked there regularly while visiting nearby.
Just over a week later I got back from holiday to find a PCN from CPM asking for £100 charge (or £60 if paid promptly).
The PCN states the address merely as 'Station Approach' - no postcode; no town; no number; no other identification of area.
My appeal to CPM on this basis of incomplete address has of course been rejected but they still offer a reduced charge of £60
I've read that IAS is a 'kangaroo court' so my next step of appeal seems likely to be rejected too.
Of course at that stage I will have lost the opportunity to pay the reduced sum and my next step would presumably be small claims court if they pursue.
What are my chances at court do you think ? There must be hundreds of 'Station Approaches ' in the country !

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport