Ebay/Paypal help

Options
Hi bought a car battery off ebay paid by my mastercard credit card using paypal. Brand new battery is faulty just after 6 months ownership. Kwik Fit tested the battery and say its faulty and I have proof of this.

Battery comes with 4 years warranty so how many days after purchase date on ebay am I protected for on ebay and paypal?

If no protection from paypal and ebay then can I open a dispute with my card issuer?

How do I enforce the 4 years warranty as seller is not acknowledging the issue.

Comments

• Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you're looking to exercise your warranty rights, I think you should contact the manufacturer whose warranty details you have. They will ask for proof of purchase, serial number, etc. and take it from there.

If the Kwik Fit inspection report suggests the fault was inherent then you probably do have a case with the retailer but it may be quicker to contact the manufacturer to see what their response would be.
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quite frankly go get a second opinion, KF would tell you a brand new fine battery was faulty as they only want to sell you a new one.

Also KF and Amazon 3rd party seller? Use reputable outfits in future.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Carrot007 wrote: »
    ...Amazon 3rd party seller? Use reputable outfits in future.

The only mention of Amazon is in your post. And it's ridiculous to imply that all 3rd party sellers are in some way dodgy.
  • mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quite frankly go get a second opinion, KF would tell you a brand new fine battery was faulty as they only want to sell you a new one.

Also KF and Amazon 3rd party seller? Use reputable outfits in future.
    It literally says eBay in huge letters in the title of the thread.
  • bery_451
    bery_451 Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok can I open dispute now with my mastercard card issuer or too late paypal?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bery_451 wrote: »
    Ok can I open dispute now with my mastercard card issuer or too late paypal?

Why the delay in coming back to the thread, I would have thought it prudent to sort this out and ask more questions if needed a week ago?

If over 180 days from purchase then you are out of time on PayPal, you were out of time on eBay after 30 days from last estimated delivery time. You can try your credit card provider but it isn't always simple to get a refund that way on a used item.

Have you followed the advice given by Aylesbury-duck a week ago?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sebloak
    sebloak Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Use reputable outfits in future.

Completely agree with that, buying new car parts off Ebay is a lucky dip if they still work as intended after a month. There are other online sellers that have constant deals and offers going making them just as cheap, and the products are reliable and usually well known brands.

Quite frankly go get a second opinion, KF would tell you a brand new fine battery was faulty as they only want to sell you a new one..

Ive never had a problem with kwikfit, at least the one i use if i have to, apart from the shock of the cost of urgent repairs...
  • bery_451
    Options
    Hi,

If you sell a car on auction via ebay and the winning bidder doesn't turn up and also the 2nd highest bidder doesn't accept your second chance offer then do you get to re-list the car for free or you gotta pay the £11.99 listing fee again?

If free re-list then what are the conditions and timescales that the seller must meet for this?

Finally if I do get another time wasting winning bidder that doesn't turn up again then what happens or the same cycle continues?
  • Matty36
    Matty36 Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bery_451 wrote: »
    Hi,

If you sell a car on auction via ebay and the winning bidder doesn't turn up and also the 2nd highest bidder doesn't accept your second chance offer then do you get to re-list the car for free or you gotta pay the £11.99 listing fee again?

If free re-list then what are the conditions and timescales that the seller must meet for this?

Finally if I do get another time wasting winning bidder that doesn't turn up again then what happens or the same cycle continues?

Why not just start your own thread rather than bumping this old one with a question that isn't relevant to this thread?
  • bery_451
    Options
    Matty36 wrote: »
    Why not just start your own thread rather than bumping this old one with a question that isn't relevant to this thread?

Try to go less clutter approach :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport