Travelzoo moving goalposts

Options
I purchased a Travel zoo voucher for a Sunday Lunch at a local hotel - Nunsmere Hall. ... for what it’s worth the hotel where the Beckhams got engaged.
The deal was 2 for £39.
The voucher arrived and all was well.

Tonight I receive an email advising that “the beef main course attracts a supplement of £6 per dish. Further supplements may also apply to any specials or seasonal dishes”

I have written to Travelzoo to advise There seems to be a mistake because the voucher I have purchased clearly and categorically states that “NO SUPPLEMENTS APPLY”

Anyone else have experience of Travelzoo materially altering the terms of vouchers AFTER they have been purchased?

Do I dispute this with Travelzoo or the hotel?
Travelzoo claim to be an agent and that the hotel are the merchant. Yet the only communication has been between me and Travelzoo, as was the financial transaction.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like they are trying to wheedle out of a contract condition that is to their detriment (due to a misprint)

You do need to take it up with Travelzoo - but it sounds a poor do if it was a "Sunday Lunch" deal which most people would expect to be of the roast beef & Yorkshire pudding genre to tell you it costs an extra £12 if you both have it!

(Suppose you could just ignore the email, use the voucher then point to the "no supplements apply" section when presented with the bill and tell Nunsmere to sort it with Travel Zoo!)
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When did you buy it?
    There is a refund policy.
  • wondermouse
    Options
    Missing the point or what?
  • davidmichaels
    Options
    There should be a refund policy !!!! Did you contacted their representatives ???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure