Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 1
    • doelani
    • By doelani 21st Oct 08, 6:52 PM
    • 2,555 Posts
    • 5,412 Thanks
    • #2
    • 21st Oct 08, 6:52 PM
    • #2
    • 21st Oct 08, 6:52 PM
    got this of directgov site:

    If you are a parent of a child who is less than two years old, you may apply for a badge for your child if they have a specific medical condition which means that they either:
    • must always be accompanied by bulky medical equipment which cannot be carried around without great difficulty
    • need to be kept near a vehicle at all times, so that they can, if necessary, be treated in the vehicle, or quickly driven to a place where they can be treated, such as a hospital
    you can check here to see who issues your blue badges locally and contact them
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb
    • wolfehouse
    • By wolfehouse 21st Oct 08, 7:04 PM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 854 Thanks
    • #3
    • 21st Oct 08, 7:04 PM
    • #3
    • 21st Oct 08, 7:04 PM
    there are 2 ways to get a blue badge. the quickest is to show your dla mobility component entitlement letter at the social work office and they arrange it very quickly.

    the other way is the discretionary route- present a gp letter of support and wait for the committees to meet and the wheels to turn and then you should be given it if they agree.
    • keefyboy
    • By keefyboy 21st Oct 08, 10:35 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    • #4
    • 21st Oct 08, 10:35 PM
    • #4
    • 21st Oct 08, 10:35 PM
    Telephone your local council, they will send you the forms, complete them (and don't forget to keep a copy of all of it for your records) then return them to the relevant office with the information you supply and they then deal with the issuing of the Blue Badges. ( I am a disabled person who holds a blue badge)
    The Looney of Loughborough..
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 21st Oct 08, 10:39 PM
    • 7,611 Posts
    • 5,016 Thanks
    • #5
    • 21st Oct 08, 10:39 PM
    • #5
    • 21st Oct 08, 10:39 PM
    Doelani is right: though they have recently extended the Blue Badge scheme to young children, it is restricted to those specific cases.
  • stottlo1
    • #6
    • 22nd Oct 08, 6:22 AM
    re blue badge
    • #6
    • 22nd Oct 08, 6:22 AM
    yes you will be entitled I would have thought i work with very young disabled children and their parents have badges, good luck
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,180Posts Today

7,414Users online

Martin's Twitter